You're Invited to a Penn State Basketball Event

Get pumped for Penn State basketball and get the inside scoop on the upcoming season from Nittany Lion Coach Ed DeChellis and Lady Lion Coach Coquese Washington—plus some of the athletes—by attending this special event in the Harrisburg area hosted by the Nittany Lion Club.

Penn State Basketball Season Preview
Hosted by the Central Pennsylvania Chapter of the Nittany Lion Club
Thursday, Oct.1, 2009
Time: 5:30 p.m. Cash Bar, 6:15 p.m. Dinner
Location: West Shore Country Club, 100 Brentwater Rd., Camp Hill, Pa.; 717-761-7240
Cost: $35 per person

But hurry! The deadline to register is Sept. 24.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/psu/sports/c-lionclub/auto_pdf/2009BasketballPreview.pdf

The GoPSUSports website says that Battle, Jones and Jackson will be attending.

I’m hoping to attend, but am struggling to get any of my buddies to join me.

Cappy, have you gone to this event in the past? I have to leave town that night, but am tempted to go to this event first – if it doesn’t run too late. Any idea what time it ends?

No, I have not gone to this event in the Harrisburg area before so I have no idea what time it ends.

[quote="mjg, post:3, topic:39"]Cappy, have you gone to this event in the past? I have to leave town that night, but am tempted to go to this event first -- if it doesn't run too late. Any idea what time it ends?[/quote]

No, I have not gone to this event in the Harrisburg area before so I have no idea what time it ends.

I need to do something, other than giving up my football tickets, to make my Sept - Dec less busy every year. With dinner starting at 6:15, then some speeches, I’m sure it will run too late for me. That’s a shame. I’d love to go.

I attended this event last night and had a good time. Not a whole lot of new information, but wanted to share a couple things. ED mentioned that Brad Pantall told him that this summer was the best that they’ve had yet in the Strength and Conditioning program. Drew was wearing a sweater, but his arms looked bigger than last year. He said he is up to about 245 pounds now. He also said he has been working on a variety of post moves, including finishing strong with 2 hands.

ED reiterated how hard they worked on the schedule this year and that they think they have a really good one put together (and said that they thought they had a good one put together last year, but some of the opponents turned out to be much worse than expected).

Coquese and a couple of her players were there as well, and it sounds like their program is headed in the right direction (and the two players that were there were surprisingly good looking).

Did anyone else attend? Do you remember anything else?

Thanks for the report blue!