PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Your Talor Battle highlight film would include

1. Winning shot against George Mason
  2. Winning shot against Illinois
  3. Shot from the logo
  4. At least a dozen clips of him grimacing, limping, walking gingerly. etc.

Penn State Men’s Basketball Senior Night vs Ohio State Promo

1. Talor drilling a deep three right in front of Tom Izzo as he shoots down the Spartans at the Breslin Center.

• His muscle flex after an “and 1” on a pivotal play.
  • multiple shots of the smile he flashes after he knocks down a few 3’s in a row
  • Seton Hall dunk

We could probably crowdsource a pretty good montage.

Re the limping, he did that in HS. One HS game stands out in this regard. The first game of his senior season was at LaSalle Academy. They had just polyurethaned the floor for the season, and while it looked great, to make it dry in time, they had the heat up(no windows) to about 80 degrees, and the fumes in the gym were noxious. I went outdoors at halftime, sucking in the cold December air. When I returned, I noticed half the crowd didn’t return for the second half. People had tears in their eyes. Anyway, Talor was double teamed all night, and he cramped up and was helped off the court with about 5 minutes left. How he even played the whole game in his typical whirling dervish way was amazing. The crowd couldn’t handle breathing. Players were gasping, and he had his usual 30 points.

LP, you beat me to the Seton Hall dunk. Then he did the nodding of the head, prompting the announcer (Greg Kelser?) to say, “they’re going to like him here. They’re really going to like him.” Think he had 9 points in a row in that game. IMO, in that game he arrived.

If I were directing, I’d have him limping and grimacing between every shot. It surprised me on here recently when someone said they hadn’t noticed that that happens every game. It’s part of the legend!

Any highlight that the announcer hyperbolized using the words “Bellefonte” or “Gingerbread Man”

My favorite TB moment was his sophomore year vs Minnesota. He picked Devoe Joseph (Devoe was looking back at Tubby for a play call) with about 1 minute remaining and scored an and-one lay-up to help clinch the win.

Wish I could attend Tuesdays home finale, but alas, driving in from Michigan is just too far. Here’s to hoping that TB adds one more highlight to that reel.

Gotta include the @UVA highlights. If for nothing else, but the hair-do.

[quote=“tjb, post:1, topic:2014”]1. Winning shot against George Mason
2. Winning shot against Illinois
3. Shot from the logo
4. At least a dozen clips of him grimacing, limping, walking gingerly. etc.

Penn State Men’s Basketball Senior Night vs Ohio State Promo[/quote]

#1. Without that shot PSU would never have won a national championship! ;D

Talor Battle Buzzerbeater vs. George Mason - 1st Rnd NIT 3/17/09

Talor Battle Gamewinner vs. #23 Illinois 3/5/09

Plus shots of Talor pounding his chest.

Gotta include something from the upset of #8 MSU where Battle is in the sea of students with his 'fro. Classic picture / clip.

The ‘09 comeback game against Iowa (the first one, not the f’in’ Jake Kelly one). His response to 'Melle’s heroic offensive board that he tossed back out to Talor, then a couple of the 3’s Talor hit late in the game on the comeback. Granted, that one was Cornley’s moment, but the look on Talor’s face was classic.

[quote=“vslice02, post:11, topic:2014”][iurl=#]Talor Battle Gamewinner vs. #23 Illinois 3/5/09[/iurl]

Plus shots of Talor pounding his chest.[/quote]

“It may be the shot that erases all doubt if Penn State is going to the NCAA tournament”

Ouch