PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

You can tell it's summer time

Sam Dalembert and Jamal McGloire are the only other ones I know of with a decent career and Dalembert is naturalized, I believe he was born in Haiti.

[quote="Phanatic, post:14, topic:3301"]Name your top 3 Canadian NBA players.[/quote]

Steve Nash and Rick Fox off of the top of my head. I’ll take either one of those and their multiple NBA championships.

When/where did Steve Nash win multiple NBA championships? You mean conference semi-finals?

1 - Geddy Lee. 2 - Sebastian Bach. 3 - Alanis Morissette.

Todd MacCulloch was starting to have a decent career before some strange genetic ailment sidelined him permanently. Bill Wennington was part of the Bulls dynasty. And Ernie Vandeweghe was, well… he is Kiki’s father.

Purely by population - not taking into account whether it is better for your game to be in one geographic place or another - being the #4 point guard in Canada is like being the #4 point guard in California. One, two and three on that list went to BC, Buffalo and Columbia. Jamie Dixon looking at him says a lot, but my impression is that Pitt tries kids out and cuts them loose if they don't work out.

On the subject of try outs, it’s not like PC has had guys in for a visit that didn’t leave with an offer.

I meant Dixon takes their scholarships away when he needs them for new recruits. Not sure that’s what is happening, just seems like a good bit of turnover.

Bill wenington

[quote="tjb, post:13, topic:3301"]Purely by population - not taking into account whether it is better for your game to be in one geographic place or another - being the #4 point guard in Canada is like being the #4 point guard in California. One, two and three on that list went to BC, Buffalo and Columbia. Jamie Dixon looking at him says a lot, but my impression is that Pitt tries kids out and cuts them loose if they don't work out.[/quote]

On the subject of try outs, it’s not like PC has had guys in for a visit that didn’t leave with an offer.

I meant Dixon takes their scholarships away when he needs them for new recruits. Not sure that’s what is happening, just seems like a good bit of turnover.

I know, I’m poorly segueing off your point in that a visit isn’t indicative of a pending commit.

Tristan Thompson, who played at Texas and was a lottery pick last year, is Canadian.

1. Steve Nash
  2. Jamal Mcgloire
  3. Bill Wennington

H.M. Rick Fox
Tidd MacCulloch

Some pretty good Canadians playing in college right now highlighted by the point guard at Gonzaga - Kevin Pangos

[quote=“Tom, post:1, topic:3301”]Only 4 threads commented in in the past 48 hours.

One about movies, one dedicated to OTs, one about hockey and one about track and field.[/quote]

Hey guys, I thought this thread was about OTHER stuff… Quit talking hoops, would ya :wink:

Interesting video. Good ball skills and nice handle.

[quote="Phanatic, post:14, topic:3301"]Name your top 3 Canadian NBA players.[/quote] 1. Steve Nash 2. ? 3. ?

Here is an answer though: http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-best-canadian-nba-players.html

Those huge Bhullar (sp?) brothers that were at Kiski Prep were from Canada. One is going to Xavier, I don’t know if the other committed yet.

In today’s environment, you would think the a Canadian with exceptional talent would be playing in an American Prep school.

I saw a HS All Star game with 6-8 Canadian Anthony Bennett playing a month or so ago. He is a stud! I think one rating had him #7 over all player. He chose UNLV over Oregon and Kentucky!
He has “one and done” potential.

I don’t mind reading about hoops in this thread. I felt that not too much was going on in the forum lately. My Clippers are out of the playoffs so I don’t really have anymore sports teams to root for for awhile. I hope we get some good PSU hoops news soon.

I was hoping we might be hearing more specific names of guys we might wind up getting to finish our 2012 class. I like that Coach Chambers won’t fill a spot just because.

Just saw an interview in the NBA game with the Pacers’ Danny Granger, who said that he was heavily recruited by Yale, and that his father was insistent that he go there. Instead, he chose … Bradley. He used the con that he was interested in civil engineering, and Yale did not offer it.

Now does anyone think his father was out of line to want his son to choose Yale over Bradley?

Depends…did his father hold a grudge against Bradley?

[quote=“tjb, post:36, topic:3301”]Just saw an interview in the NBA game with the Pacers’ Danny Granger, who said that he was heavily recruited by Yale, and that his father was insistent that he go there. Instead, he chose … Bradley. He used the con that he was interested in civil engineering, and Yale did not offer it.

Now does anyone think his father was out of line to want his son to choose Yale over Bradley?[/quote]

I thought Danny Granger went to New Mexico though? Did he transfer?

To answer your question though, no he’s not out of line. Just like the perception around Jeter’s dad that he wanted his son to go to Vanderbilt over Penn State is NOT out of line.

Granger had issues with Bradley’s coach at the time.

Granger has been a complete punk in the playoffs(no I’m not a Heat fan)