PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Wish List

I’m curious as to what everybody’s recruiting wish list is for the next two years. Mine starts with Jeter. Even though he didn’t play his best in the state final, you can see the potential. He will bulk up to 220ish and team with Brandon Taylor to give PSU two athletic power forwards with mid-range capabilities. With PC’s offensive, I see both playing at the same time - with no true center. I also wouldn’t mide seeing a JC transfer that can play point. I don’t have a name, but, this guy would be mostly a depth player and only have a two year commitment. If there is a good high school point guard available, that is ok too. But, other than perhaps a one year transfer, that is it for this class.

Next year, I believe with this scenario, one ship is remaining. I’d like to see that filled with either Devon Reed or Josh Hart. Either one would give a three headed monster of guards when combined with Geno and Austin. The guards combined with Taylor/Jeter gives serious athleticism. And I haven’t even mentioned Newbill, Travis or Grahm who will all be around for 3 more years.

This scenario or one like it is a real possiblity - not just wishful thinking. In PC we trust, the future is looking good.

Jeter this year, maybe a one year Grad transfer like Sutton, giving schollies to Colella and Montminy to fill all of them up.

For 2013, I want Kris Jenkins, and I want Davon Reed. Both of which would win my bet with Tim. :slight_smile:

I wish I would have to pay off the bet.

I think I am a little skeptical of all this talk about “Chambers’ system” or 4-guard offenses, and all that stuff. I think we are looking for more athleticism and more size, and we’ll run what we can depending on who we are playing.

I am partial to the PA kids - Jeter and Washington - because it would enable Chambers to market us as the place for the best players in the state. But any of the big three that the Twitter followers think we are after - Jenkins, Reed and Hart - would be awesome. Nice to see a true big man (not necessarily a center, but someone who can match up with the kinds of kids MSU, OSU and IU will be throwing at us forever) somewhere in the mix soon.

[quote=“rwd5035, post:2, topic:3212”]Jeter this year, maybe a one year Grad transfer like Sutton, giving schollies to Colella and Montminy to fill all of them up.

For 2013, I want Kris Jenkins, and I want Davon Reed. Both of which would win my bet with Tim. :)[/quote]This right here! Jenkins would be my #1 choice

I want a banger in the mold of Cornley, except 6’9" with a mean streak. And a Steph Curry type shooter, ya know a guy without a conscious.

Yes, by all means, let’s start slow and build from there. :slight_smile:

Currently I want Jeter and a JUCO guard for 2012. That would leave two more ships for 2013. I’d like a forward and a guard in 2013.

Choose one:

F - Jenkins or Rimmer
G - Hart, Reed, Rysheed Jordan, Sina, or Terrance Samuel

In that preference.

A class of Thorpe, Austin, Jenkins, and Hart would be a top 20 class!

Did you mean a guy who is without a conscience or a guy who is unconscious from three? ;D

I want a banger in the mold of Cornley, except 6'9" with a mean streak. And a Steph Curry type shooter, ya know a guy without a conscious.

Did you mean a guy who is without a conscience or a guy who is unconscious from three? ;D

Either would be a blessing :slight_smile:

I want a banger in the mold of Cornley, except 6'9" with a mean streak. And a Steph Curry type shooter, ya know a guy without a conscious.

And I want to win the Mega Millions Friday. Dream big or go home. This is a Wish List isn’t it? :wink:

We have some size and athleticism, what I want to see is someone who can flat out shoot. I don’t care what position he plays-just someone with deep range and not afraid to run off a screen and jack it in there.

I don’t follow recruiting all that closely but I hear Hart is a guy kinda like that.

Jeter for the immediate need.

Rimmer, Jenkins and Sina for the following class. That would give us a nice mix of size (Rimmer), Cornley 2.0 (Jenkins) and shooter (Sina)

[quote="jjepsu92, post:5, topic:3212"]I want a banger in the mold of Cornley, except 6'9" with a mean streak. And a Steph Curry type shooter, ya know a guy without a conscious.[/quote]

And I want to win the Mega Millions Friday. Dream big or go home. This is a Wish List isn’t it? :wink:

With the cash payout from the MegaMillions, you can have ALL THREE OF THESE…

1.) A pair of Penn State Hoops season tickets
2.) A Hot Dog and a Coke
3.) A 17% stake in the LA Dodgers

[quote=“tjb, post:3, topic:3212”]I wish I would have to pay off the bet.

I think I am a little skeptical of all this talk about “Chambers’ system” or 4-guard offenses, and all that stuff. I think we are looking for more athleticism and more size, and we’ll run what we can depending on who we are playing.

I am partial to the PA kids - Jeter and Washington - because it would enable Chambers to market us as the place for the best players in the state. But any of the big three that the Twitter followers think we are after - Jenkins, Reed and Hart - would be awesome. Nice to see a true big man (not necessarily a center, but someone who can match up with the kinds of kids MSU, OSU and IU will be throwing at us forever) somewhere in the mix soon.[/quote]

I’m with getting the best players in PA. I hope Jeter chooses PSU. I hope we can get another PA player (from Philly preferably) in 2013 along with Jenkins / Reed (or other stud). Washington is 2014, but he fits the mold in my mind as well.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:5, topic:3212"]I want a banger in the mold of Cornley, except 6'9" with a mean streak. And a Steph Curry type shooter, ya know a guy without a conscious.[/quote]

With the cash payout from the MegaMillions, you can have ALL THREE OF THESE…

1.) A pair of Penn State Hoops season tickets
2.) A Hot Dog and a Coke
3.) A 17% stake in the LA Dodgers

If I hit the Mega Friday, The Peg Arena won’t be the newest sports facility at PSU. PC will get a big donation towards a sparkly new basketball only facility. No sharesies with Bon Jovi, he could have the BJC all to himself. :wink:

Nice thing being a PSU Civil Engineering grad with a Structural emphasis I could design the sucker myself. ;D

2012 - Jeter + Savon Goodman (grades pending)
2013 - Jenkins + Sina

Even with existing verbals/commits - was wondering if it wouldn’t be wise to keep incoming classes at about 3/4 per year? But I guess that assumes a) a slower “rebuild”, and b) no future transfers.

Fun to think about - we’re on our way up!

My wish is for a shooter. Give me another Pete Lisicky, Sharif Chambliss, Joe Crispin or Danny Morrisey. Someone who can float at the 3 point line, spot up and nail a shot when the driver dishes the ball.

Joe was a little more of a hybrid than those other 3.

Frankly, to get to the next level and stay there, we need guys who can shoot the 3 but also do other things. Shooters tend to be lousy at driving the ball and playing D.

My wish is for a shooter. Give me another Pete Lisicky, Sharif Chambliss, Joe Crispin or Danny Morrisey. Someone who can float at the 3 point line, spot up and nail a shot when the driver dishes the ball.

Joe was a little more of a hybrid than those other 3.

Frankly, to get to the next level and stay there, we need guys who can shoot the 3 but also do other things. Shooters tend to be lousy at driving the ball and playing D.

Agreed, but we had nobody that could consistently knock down an open jumper last year. I’ll give up driving ability (we have other guys who can do that) and some D in order to get someone to stretch the opposing defense and make them respect an outside shot. Maybe this person is already on the team, but we haven’t seen it yet.

A Swiss Army Knife: think Titus - would help cover empty bases while our lineup is developing