PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Wisconsin

Just checked on the NLC Ticket Exchange. No tickets available for Wisconsin. Hope there’s a big crowd there.

I’ll be there. I have a hard time believing it’s soldout, but I do expect a very large crowd.

They are pulling out all stops marketing this game. The Flex packs given to season ticket holders have a designated Wisconsin game ticket. It’s the Coaches vs Cancer Day game. Cancer survivors get four free tickets to the game. Game time, 4 PM, is very convenient for everyone. Good opponent. (Almost) Everything points to a huge crowd (weather still calls for a “little” snow).

These are the types of games/crowds that if you can pull off the W you can bring some of them back. Lay and egg and its more of the same. Ed is due to end his winless streak against Wisky.

It’s not sold out. The ticket exchange is for reselling already bought tickets. You can still buy tickets for the game (or get them for free if you know a cancer survivor to take to the game).

If there was a year they could do it, it’s this year

I’ll be there, and can’t wait. First game I’ve gotten to attend in years. This game is so huge for any hopes of NCAA play.

Am I the only one that thinks we matchup well with Wisconsin? In fact last season I remember leading them by 17 at their place. This year’s team would have won. Big crowd, big expectations, and a great opportunity awaits in this game. Penn State wins.

Agreed.

I’m considering making the 4-hour voyage for this one, if I can get far enough ahead with my work (I am being observed for the first time by my supervisor at my job on Monday)

It’s hard to say we match up well with a team when we’ve lost to them how many times in a row now?? Wisconsin is one of the tougher teams in the nation to match up with because of their style of play but I agree with you that this team is a little different and hopefully they will be able to get the monkey/badger off their back :wink:

[quote=“UncleLar, post:3, topic:1846”]They are pulling out all stops marketing this game. The Flex packs given to season ticket holders have a designated Wisconsin game ticket. It’s the Coaches vs Cancer Day game. Cancer survivors get four free tickets to the game. Game time, 4 PM, is very convenient for everyone. Good opponent. (Almost) Everything points to a huge crowd (weather still calls for a “little” snow).[/quote]d

How do you show that you are a cancer survivor? Do they have special IDs for that?

Band Together to Fight Cancer!!

We had a good team the last time I got down to see a game I person and Wiscy waxed us. My insider connection got me seats behind the Badger bench and I got to watch the way a cat toys with a mouse. Hope we have an answer this time.

I’ve been thinking this as well. Wisconsin beat us 2 years ago in a huge game with a big crowd where we only scored in the 40’s and it was a huge disappointment. I’m not expecting a performance like that this time and I think we can certainly win but hopefully Ed and the guys have an answer for Bo Ryan and company.

Special Edition Next Game Primer - vs. Wisconsin

This is a real big game for many reasons.
Though not a necessarily a must win… nationwide we’re probably expected to lose this one.

But because the team is positioned, once again, to make a splash before a big crowd vs. a quality opponent and
we’ve not done so hot in similar circumstances (e.g. Maryland).

Win this one and the fans (particularly the students) get excited about the rest of the season.
Most of all, a win will fortify the team psyche and re-energize momentum going forward.

Any home game short of OSU is a must win

[quote=“Tom, post:17, topic:1846”]Any home game short of OSU is a must win[/quote]I think they need to win out at home. Not that they can’t but their remaining road games are all tough and we know PSU isn’t typically a great road team.

I’m excited about this one, I hope I can watch it. My DirecTV is still acting up :frowning:

I think we can win any of the games left on the schedule – including OSU at home. But to get the 6 wins most project we need to dance, we almost have to beat NW twice, beat Michigan and Minny at home, and get two more out of Wisky and OSU at home, at Illinois, at MSU, at Wisky and at Minny. Seems like out of those six, Wisky at home might be the best bet. But I don’t feel like it is a must win except maybe from a confidence standpoint. If we do win this game, things look better.