PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Wisconsin in Tucson

Looks like we’ll have some Big Ten support in Tucson beyond our blue-and-whiters and vice versa. Always a good thing when being so far from home.

BTW…the Milwaukee Bucks scored 56 vs the Celtics today, so ESPN SportsCenter just flashed a full-page graphic entitled “Grilled Cheese” where they compare the Bucks performance today to the Badgers woeful 33-point effort on Friday vs PSU.

I am really interested in seeing that Belmont/Wisc game. I think Belmont could prove to be a tough out for Wisconsin.

It is probably one of the more interesting match-ups of the whole first round.

And they’re such nice folks over on their board…

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=7309143

Why all the love for Belmont? Does anybody know anything about them other than what the “pundits” have been saying the last couple of days.

I am really interested in seeing that Belmont/Wisc game. I think Belmont could prove to be a tough out for Wisconsin.

Why all the love for Belmont? Does anybody know anything about them other than what the “pundits” have been saying the last couple of days.

They swept ETSU for their best two wins of the year :slight_smile:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:2, topic:2147"]I am really interested in seeing that Belmont/Wisc game. I think Belmont could prove to be a tough out for Wisconsin.[/quote]

I think the “pundits” say things like watch out for this team just to say “I told you so” if that team pulls a surprise. Wisky by double digits. Belmont…really!!!

Because they’re an interesting team to watch play. They play a ton of guys, they are great inside and outside, they generate a lot of steals, and they’re VERY well coached. They’ve also won 30 games this year, and gave Duke all they wanted a few years back in the tournament in a 1 point loss.

I’m kind of annoyed that so many pundits are talking about them to be honest, because I wanted them to be my little secret upset team. But hell, they are 18th on kenpom - it’s no secret they can play some ball. It’s too bad they face a team as deliberate as Wisconsin, I could have seen them pretty easily knocking off a bunch of other teams but both teams will have their hands full in this one. I guess the fans win in that case. :slight_smile:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:2, topic:2147"]I am really interested in seeing that Belmont/Wisc game. I think Belmont could prove to be a tough out for Wisconsin.[/quote]

People will do that all the time…throw out four or five upset specials. If they hit on one they look like a genius…problem is when they miss on the other four, no one notices.

The real “pundits” have a team like George Mason going to the Final Four or Penn State going to the BTT Championship game and hit on that one

I think the “pundits” say things like watch out for this team just to say “I told you so” if that team pulls a surprise. Wisky by double digits. Belmont…really!!!

Most “pundits” like to throw around four or five first round upset possibilities. If they hit upon one of those, they look like a “genius”. Though no one makes mention of the other four they failed to connect on.

The real “pundits” predict things like George Mason to the Final Four or Penn State making it to the BTT Championship game.

People will do that all the time…throw out four or five upset specials. If they hit on one they look like a genius…problem is when they miss on the other four, no one notices.

The real “pundits” have a team like George Mason going to the Final Four or Penn State going to the BTT Championship game and hit on that one

Most “pundits” like to throw around four or five first round upset possibilities. If they hit upon one of those, they look like a “genius”. Though no one makes mention of the other four they failed to connect on.

The real “pundits” predict things like George Mason to the Final Four or Penn State making it to the BTT Championship game.

You are right…if they hit they are genius. Most times they are not genius…as you stated.

You are right...if they hit they are genius. Most times they are not genius....as you stated.

The thing is, at this point in the season you can justify a lot of upsets potentially happening, and you know some will. I don’t have a problem with people pointing to a game and saying “this is a game to watch for an upset” because as somebody who follows the games pretty closely, I know that I get to be that way just filling out my own bracket. I look at the first round and feel good about my picks in the 1-3 seed games and after that I’m back and forth on all the possibilities on almost every game. :-\

I’m more annoyed by the idiots on tv who fill in chalk the whole way to the final four like they’re really letting you in on some great insight. Thanks for the help guys. ::slight_smile:

I would love to see all the Big Ten fans out west come together to support each others’ teams. That would be awesome, and I’m guessing all the B10 squads will need the support in light of how few people will be able to make the trip out there…

A ton of Midwesterns live in Scottsdale and the surrounding area including my in-laws. Don’t think they’ll be making the trip as their Illini are not there, but I’m sure several others will be.