PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Will this help?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6590253

Empty suit AD’s use these guys to take the heat off of themselves. If it doesnt work out they can blame consultant.

I see where ROKK has not made his return over here yet but I think we may have the return of the former fanofPSU here who is MilesKaufman over on FOS. Right Frank?

I don’t like who is listed as the front runner.

Wonder how much money we are wasting on this help…

90 K plus expenses for the NC State job last month

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2011/04/04/ncsu-paying-parker-50000-for.html

I don’t have a problem hiring a consultant to get some names to PSU. This is a good way for coaches to let PSU know they’re interested without making formal contact themselves - you know, the “plausible deniability” thing. I do think we can do better than Lebo. He seems like yesterday’s news in PA.

[quote="FrankDrebin, post:2, topic:2423"]Empty suit AD's use these guys to take the heat off of themselves. If it doesnt work out they can blame consultant.[/quote]

Was it a waste when hockey did the same thing to hire a coach? And do you really want curley to be the lead?
[/quote]

I think I view it as a waste because I still don’t beleive they will get it right. That the AD will still pick a PA or PSU guy rather then the best coach. Also the hockey hire looks good but lets give it 6 years. Way to early to tell anything about hockey. Besides hockey has a lot more $$$$ to work with than hoops does at this time. heck wrestling has more $$$ than hoops.

Private money = power.

Hockey job was easy. Less of a need to hire an outsider. Job probably pays twice what the average head coach makes, brand new arena, the chance to build something from the ground up and most likely a recruiting budget second to none.

Nobody turned down the hockey job unless they used it to get a raise at their current school.

[quote="FrankDrebin, post:2, topic:2423"]Empty suit AD's use these guys to take the heat off of themselves. If it doesnt work out they can blame consultant.[/quote]

Was it a waste when hockey did the same thing to hire a coach? And do you really want curley to be the lead?

I still don’t know what Curley does that should explain him drawing a PSU paycheck.

Hockey is different. We NEVER HAD a Div-I hickey team, so I can understand why we would need a consultant to find a coach. You would think that Curley would have his finger on the pulse of college basketball and would have a good idea as to what is going on.

Why is it that a bunch of nobodies on some little forum know the names of a dozen good candidates, AND THIS IS CURLEYS JOB and he has to hire a consultant.

He could have Lar do the same thing for the price of tbj’s hosting fees. :-\

really? how do we rank so high on the party school polls without one?

Hockey guy Joe Battista headed up the search committee. Redundant