PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Will Northwestern make the tournament this year?

I’ll enjoy watching the Penn State players improve this season, but they really have no post-season chances.

One of the story lines I will be following the most is Northwestern. I will be rooting hard for them to finally make the Tournament.

I hope so - it would be great.

Agreed. And after the HUGE letdown they’ve had with their football team this fall, they deserve something to cheer about.

I agree, it would be very good for them. Nice to talk and think about something different, even if briefly! Baby steps. :slight_smile:

I said barely miss it because they will have bad loss to PSU on their Resume :slight_smile:

Without my eyeballs reporting…it’s too early too forecast!!

They aren’t making the tourney until they start rebounding the ball!

Agreed. Plus, Juice Thompson was a really nice player for them. He kept them in games and led that offense.

They aren't making the tourney until they start rebounding the ball!

Agreed. Plus, Juice Thompson was a really nice player for them. He kept them in games and led that offense.

Their starters played huge minutes.

Yes, they lose Thompson, but they return 4 of 5 starters. This is in a league that just lost it’s top stars, 4 of the top 5 scores and 11 of the top 20 scores.

It may be a case of “they don’t fall back as far as the other teams in the league”.

Wanted to keep a running update on Northwestern.

They are 5-0, with impressive wins over Seton Hall (5-1, only loss is to NWstern), LSU, and Tulsa.

Tomorrow, they play Georgia Tech. For any gamblers out there, NWstern should be favored by around 5 to 7 points.

Northwestern’s play, to this point, has them sitting square in the tournament hunt.

Easy, just ask ESPN. They pick the tournament teams just like they set public opinion on any topic than is at all “sports” related. :wink: >:( :frowning:

P.S. Sorry Skeeza for high jacking your thread for a bit. Could not resist…E , S , P and N are not my favorite letters!!

Have a chance to get a huge non-conference win Sunday at WRA against Baylor.

I think they will, and if they can stay healthy, they can make a nice run in the tourney as well.

I’m not going to jump on the NU bandwagon quite yet. They seem to do pretty well almost every year in the non-con where they play teams that don’t see their offense. Then when they get into B1G the wheels tend to fall off because everyone knows their offense and understands how to defend it.

I would agree with this, but I think their biggest issue has been talent. That isn’t their problem this year.

I do think they have a good shot to make it, although I’m reluctant to say it since they have never been.

End of the OOC for Northwestern is tonight against #22 Creighton, and so far they have a 10-1 record. This game will be a big one when it’s time to decide on them making the dance.

Only loss was to baylor, which is now ranked #6. Good win are against Seton Hall, GT, and LSU, but the win against Tulsa doesn’t look as good now as when it happened.

They need this one.

NOrthwestern loses to Creighton.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_glockner/12/27/Bracket.Watch/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t13_a2

Projects Northwestern in a play-in game vs Saint Mary’s.

Northwestern gets blasted by Ohio State. With Buford and Sullivan, it’s going to be ugly when we play the Buckeyes.

Here’s another question…

Which team out of these 4 will see the be in the NCAA tournament the soonest…

Penn State
Northwestern
Nebraska
Iowa