Which game is more important to PSU? Virginia or Temple

I’m going with Temple. We already played well in NYC last year which can only help recruiting in the Big apple. Beating Penn and hopefully Temple puts us on the map in Philly.

What do you guys think?

They’re all important.

Temple. They’ve got a way better chance at the dance and I think they have a better name than Virginia as of late

+1

Especially after the Charleston Classic.

This.

Not to mention I think it helps recruiting a bit more, since there don’t seem to be a lot of top recruits coming out of Monticello’s backyard these days.

But really I think Temple will be more important because there will be tons more PSU fans there which should make it a little more fun than the John Paul Jones Arena was on Monday. Although, I did enjoy the loud We Are! Penn State! cheer to throw off free throw shots of the Hoo’s.

No love for the “Go Hokies!” and “Hokie Hi, V-P-I!” yells? :smiley:

How about we beat Temple and then Temple beats Villanova, Seton Hall, Kansas and Xavier? That’d probably help our RPI, no? :wink:

Good point kid. As JoePa would say "the game that you are getting ready to play, is the “most” important.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:7, topic:404"]How about we beat Temple and then Temple beats Villanova, Seton Hall, Kansas and Xavier? That'd probably help our RPI, no? ;)[/quote] Good point kid. As JoePa would say "the game that you are getting ready to play, is the "most" important.

UVA was important because it was on national TV, but Temple is more important just for the possible recruiting ramifications.

Temple.

It’s the next game.

A win will show consistency vs top shelf opponents.

But, they are all important.

[quote=“Speed, post:10, topic:404”]Temple.

It’s the next game.

But, they are all important.[/quote]

I agree that Temple is the most important, because it is next. But even for Philly exposure, I think the Big 10/ACC challenge is more important for recruiting.

[quote="Speed, post:10, topic:404"]Temple.

It’s the next game.

But, they are all important.[/quote]

I agree that Temple is the most important, because it is next. But even for Philly exposure, I think the Big 10/ACC challenge is more important for recruiting.

Any game on national TV would seem to be more important for recruiting than a game that might not be televised at all.

It’s the old “tree in a forest” thing…
If we play a game in Philly, and there’s no TV there to cover it, did we really play?

[quote=“Great Santini, post:1, topic:404”]I’m going with Temple. We already played well in NYC last year which can only help recruiting in the Big apple. Beating Penn and hopefully Temple puts us on the map in Philly.

What do you guys think?[/quote]

A good season is much more important for recruiting than any on game. If PSU lost to Temple but won the Big Ten, it would be a net gigantic positive for recruiting in Philly. If PSU beat Temple but finished 11th in the Big Ten, recruiting in Philly would only get more difficult. Temple, Virginia, and VT are the most important OOC games, winning 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 is more important than each individually.