Which conference will Chris Babb be playing in?

We’re hearing that the Big 12 is dead. So where does Iowa State wind up playing - the Big Eight; the Missouri Valley Conference; the Great Plains conference?

Would kind of be hysterical if Iowa State also joined the Big 10.

No chance.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1221"]Would kind of be hysterical if Iowa State also joined the Big 10.[/quote]

No chance.

I know but it would be funny as hell.

Iowa State will be playing in the Southwest Conference-USA

[quote="jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1221"]Would kind of be hysterical if Iowa State also joined the Big 10.[/quote]

No chance.

Especially since he’d then have to pay his own way! :wink: ;D

Bring back the old Metro Conference

No chance.

No he could stay on scholarship. But playing in the Big 10 again would be funny.

No chance.

No he could stay on scholarship. But playing in the Big 10 again would be funny.

I would assume the Big Ten would allow that. But you never know until it actually happens. Fortunately, this is one case that will not be tried.

Iowa State could realistically be in the WAC, depending on how many teams the Mountain West eventually expands to.

Assuming a 16 team PAC-10 w/Colorado and Neb/Mizzou to Big Ten, the MWC choices would be (in likely order of attractiveness):
10: Kansas
11: Boise State
12: KSU or Baylor
13: Baylor or KSU
14: Iowa State
15+: Houston, UTEP, Assorted WAC Schools