What would you do?

Although it seems improbable the season can be salvaged, we can only make the best of what’s left of it…maybe try to finish 4 - 6 and make a run in the tourney. If I were coaching, my starting lineup would be:

Battle
Babb
Edwards
Brooks
Ott

Highberger would be the guard off the bench and Jackson would be the forward off the bench. I would play zone defense and stay with a 7 man rotation. Our starters would be a relatively big team, which helps in the zone, and the zone would allow the rotation to stay fresh.

What would you do?

[quote=“psu76, post:1, topic:763”]Although it seems improbable the season can be salvaged, we can only make the best of what’s left of it…maybe try to finish 4 - 6 and make a run in the tourney. If I were coaching, my starting lineup would be:

Battle
Babb
Edwards
Brooks
Ott

Highberger would be the guard off the bench and Jackson would be the forward off the bench. I would play zone defense and stay with a 7 man rotation. Our starters would be a relatively big team, which helps in the zone, and the zone would allow the rotation to stay fresh.

What would you do?[/quote]

Maybe its just me but havibng Highberger being your 1st and only guard off the bench and trying to make a run at the tourney do not go hand and hand.

[quote="psu76, post:1, topic:763"]Although it seems improbable the season can be salvaged, we can only make the best of what's left of it...maybe try to finish 4 - 6 and make a run in the tourney. If I were coaching, my starting lineup would be:

Battle
Babb
Edwards
Brooks
Ott

What would you do?[/quote]

Maybe its just me but havibng Highberger being your 1st and only guard off the bench and trying to make a run at the tourney do not go hand and hand.

I understand your point and it may be a reach, but I really like the way he plays D and we sorely need someone who can shoot. He was quite an accomplished high school athlete. I would obviously have to seem him play some more, and I have a feeling that may happen…frankly, why not give him a try?

You like the way he plays D? He got torched the one game in Big 10 play where he actually saw minutes. He’s a nice kid and seems to stroke it well, but he’s not a big-10 athlete as far as I can tell.

And playing Brooks over Jackson? Not sure what games you’re watching, but that should not even be joked about at this point.

This season is what it is. Play for next year.

Start hoping Ed finds that special 5 man rotation sometime in the next month. Ed never moves too quickly in the area of improvement, so we might have to be patient for a bit longer.

If was looking for a starting lineup I am going with

Battle
Babb
DJ
Sasa
Ott

I dont care if Sasa hasnt but might as well find out if he can cause sitting on bench aint helping him any.

[quote=“Chaze2k1, post:7, topic:763”]If was looking for a starting lineup I am going with

Battle
Babb
DJ
Sasa
Ott

I dont care if Sasa hasnt but might as well find out if he can cause sitting on bench aint helping him any.[/quote]
I just have never spent time on here trying to tell coaches, or for that matter anyone, who should start or get more minutes. You and I have been able to see Sasa on the court for some infintesimal time compared to our Division 1 coaches who know a heck of a lot more about the player than we do. Irrespective of what we see, why should either one of us suggest that we feel they should get more minutes. I have to believe that if Ed and company felt he could be a better option that he would see more floor time.
I admitt, based on some of what we have seen I wish that they were seeing Sasa as a better option. The fact that they apparently do not, is of concern. I am not emamored with this coaching staff, but I will surmise that they have a better idea than I do if Sasa is ready for more prime time play.
I liked some of what I saw from Sasa in the OOC. In what little playing time he has had since conference play started, he has generally looked overmatched.