PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

What I want for Christmas!

Let me start. Sorry to our Jewish friends on the board and those of other religions. But you too can play along, just pretend your a Christian for this.

1. World Peace
  2. End of Homelessness
  3. An inside game for PSU basketball

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:1, topic:1672”]Let me start. Sorry to our Jewish friends on the board and those of other religions. But you too can play along, just pretend your a Christian for this.

1. World Peace
  2. End of Homelessness
  3. An inside game for PSU basketball[/quote]

Reference to #3. It’s not as simple as this singular point. The team has “issues.” MANY that will lead to a very poor season. Singling out ONE issue or ONE player is not productive.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:1, topic:1672"]Let me start. Sorry to our Jewish friends on the board and those of other religions. But you too can play along, just pretend your a Christian for this.
  1. World Peace
  2. End of Homelessness
  3. An inside game for PSU basketball[/quote]

Reference to #3. It’s not as simple as this singular point. The team has “issues.” MANY that will lead to a very poor season. Singling out ONE issue or ONE player is not productive.

But if we pool our gifts we can all get what we want.

1. ED to be fired, preferably ASAP
  2. A winning season (overall) by year 2.
  3. An NCAA worthy team by year 4.

Oh wait, thats my checklist for the PSU Basketball Program. How silly of me. 8)

My wish is for the hockey program to hire a big name coach so we don’t have the same issues on the ice as we do on the hardwood.

A “Christmas Miracle”-like turnaround in the B10 season so that ED is retained thereby avoiding another multi-year rebuild. I’m not sure how many more of those I can survive. :slight_smile:

That would be the absolute worst scenario possible for PSU hoops;

The postseason isn’t happening this year. What I am concerned about though is what happens if we wind up winning more games than last season. Could Curley say we’re making “progress” and use that as an excuse to retain Ed?

0-18!

I think PSU has a chance of winning 4-6 games in B10. Now I am one of Ed’s biggest critics, but I have a feeling this will be one of those deals where we have our annual upset of a good team and maybe beat three teams such as IA, Ind, Nw, Minn, Ill. Logic tells us we aren’t as bad as we have looked this far, and some nights the other team is going to play the way PSU usually plays. We also are going to have nights where one or 2 guys just can’t miss. So let’s assume my premise is correct and we go NUTS and win 6 B10 games. There will be people here and in the adm who point out how the win total doubled in just one year and the program is headed in the right direction. The VISIONARIES will be pleased with 6-12 in year 8. Disastrous -