What are you looking for tonight?

Personally, I would like to see us improve our play in the paint. If we could avoid three pointers because we cant get the ball down low I would call that real progress. I want to see progress from Jones and Ott.

I also want to see long periods of time with Battle on the bench. I want to see him rest and the team not flounder.

Tim Frazier run the offense effectively
Jeff Brooks continue to play within himself
Andrew Jones stay out of foul trouble
Billy Oliver play 5-10 minutes
Chris Babb work out the kinks in his shot

What am I looking for tonight? Well, I think to oversimplify the whole question/answer… I would like to see a fluid half court offense perform from the inside-out and efficiently without Battle needing to play 38 minutes. (and win in a comfortable fashion)

sidebars:

-Brooks continue to assert himself in a major role
-Jones become a more dominant center like he was in the NIT
-Babb score 12 pts or so and look fluid on the court with Battle

I have to second your thoughts on Brooks. If he could regularly repeat his performance from friday it would be a real nice addition to this team.

Here’s what I’m hoping to see:

1. Less foul trouble from the bigs, particularly Jones, in the 1st half.
  2. Someone other than Talor going after points in the paint, which should lead to…
  3. More offensive rebounds.
  4. Bench time with a focus on offense, as their defense impressed me vs. Penn.

Only if he rebounds more. I want him to play the three like Claxton did, crashing the boards. He doesn’t.

Tim Frazier hit some shots in the half court offense
Jeff Brooks keep up the improvement in the first game, adding some rebounds and a few dribble drive scores
Andrew Jones improve decision making when receiving the ball in the post
Billy Oliver play 5-10 minutes–agree
Chris Babb more dribble drive scores
Battle at least 8 minutes on the bench, improved trey shooting, over 75% from the foul line
Highberger at least 6 minutes of time other than garbage time
Ott a big oooo and aahhh blocked shot or two
Woodyard a made shot other than a three

Oh yeah…also looking to see if my parents, who are using my tix tonight, end up with a free pretzel from https://twitter.com/GoPSUhoopsgmday.

A 2nd scorer emerge (hopefully Babb).
Jones stay out of foul trouble (and Ott too).
Hit your free throws.

Ott coming off the bench to ink his first triple double of the season.

I’d say a lot of folk got what they were looking for:

Devon -

• Tim Frazier run the offense effectively -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jeff Brooks continue to play within himself -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Andrew Jones stay out of foul trouble -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Billy Oliver play 5-10 minutes -[font=Verdana]almost he had 4[/font]
  • Chris Babb work out the kinks in his shot -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

mhenry -

• Brooks continue to assert himself in a major role -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jones become a more dominant center like he was in the NIT - rebounding yes, scoring no
  • Babb score 12 pts or so and look fluid on the court with Battle -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

bstanf -

• Less foul trouble from the bigs, particularly Jones, in the 1st half. - early no, late -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Someone other than Talor going after points in the paint, which should lead to… - still not enough
  • More offensive rebounds -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Bench time with a focus on offense, as their defense impressed me vs. Penn -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

ChicagoLion -

• If he (Brooks) could regularly repeat his performance from friday it would be a real nice addition to this team -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

UncleLar -

• only if he (Brooks) rebounds more -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

MillionaireMagic -

• Tim Frazier hit some shots in the half court offense -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jeff Brooks keep up the improvement in the first game, adding some rebounds and a few dribble drive scores -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Andrew Jones improve decision making when receiving the ball in the post
    Billy Oliver play 5-10 minutes–agree -[font=Verdana]almost[/font]
  • Chris Babb more dribble drive scores
  • Battle at least 8 minutes on the bench, improved trey shooting, over 75% from the foul line -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Highberger at least 6 minutes of time other than garbage time -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Ott a big oooo and aahhh blocked shot or two
  • Woodyard a made shot other than a three

pennstateno1

• A 2nd scorer emerge (hopefully Babb) [font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jones stay out of foul trouble (and Ott too) [font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Hit your free throws.

Jones had 6 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocked shots in 24 minutes – with only two fouls. I consider that an effective night. Not spectacular, but he gave us what we needed.

Especially since RMU was harassing him a lot in the post.

I originally had a check mark next to his name but then decided that since the poster specifically said “dominant” that I’d back off that - the boards are fine, but six points isn’t “dominating”. I also thought he made some poor decisions when he had the ball, electing not to crash the hoop when he should have.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:11, topic:255”]I’d say a lot of folk got what they were looking for:

Devon -

• Tim Frazier run the offense effectively -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jeff Brooks continue to play within himself -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Andrew Jones stay out of foul trouble -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Billy Oliver play 5-10 minutes -[font=Verdana]almost he had 4[/font]
  • Chris Babb work out the kinks in his shot -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

mhenry -

• Brooks continue to assert himself in a major role -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jones become a more dominant center like he was in the NIT - rebounding yes, scoring no
  • Babb score 12 pts or so and look fluid on the court with Battle -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

bstanf -

• Less foul trouble from the bigs, particularly Jones, in the 1st half. - early no, late -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Someone other than Talor going after points in the paint, which should lead to… - still not enough
  • More offensive rebounds -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Bench time with a focus on offense, as their defense impressed me vs. Penn -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

ChicagoLion -

• If he (Brooks) could regularly repeat his performance from friday it would be a real nice addition to this team -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

UncleLar -

• only if he (Brooks) rebounds more -[font=Verdana]check[/font]

MillionaireMagic -

• Tim Frazier hit some shots in the half court offense -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jeff Brooks keep up the improvement in the first game, adding some rebounds and a few dribble drive scores -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Andrew Jones improve decision making when receiving the ball in the post
    Billy Oliver play 5-10 minutes–agree -[font=Verdana]almost[/font]
  • Chris Babb more dribble drive scores
  • Battle at least 8 minutes on the bench, improved trey shooting, over 75% from the foul line -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Highberger at least 6 minutes of time other than garbage time -[font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Ott a big oooo and aahhh blocked shot or two
  • Woodyard a made shot other than a three

pennstateno1

• A 2nd scorer emerge (hopefully Babb) [font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Jones stay out of foul trouble (and Ott too) [font=Verdana]check[/font]
  • Hit your free throws.[/quote]

Nice!

[quote="mjg, post:12, topic:255"]Jones had 6 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocked shots in 24 minutes -- with only two fouls. I consider that an effective night. Not spectacular, but he gave us what we needed.[/quote]

I originally had a check mark next to his name but then decided that since the poster specifically said “dominant” that I’d back off that - the boards are fine, but six points isn’t “dominating”. I also thought he made some poor decisions when he had the ball, electing not to crash the hoop when he should have.

Wasn’t debating your list, thought it was dead on. Was just commenting on Jones’ numbers since he seems to be the new guy to bash around here - replacing Brooks.