What are the redshirt rules for basketball?

I assume that Borovnjak can not redshirt since he played in the first few games. Can somebody confirm this?

Correct

there is a six game rule not sure if its the first 6 or not.

Screw the redshirt. Baptism by fire. Play him.

[quote=“bdroc, post:1, topic:663”]I assume that Borovnjak can not redshirt since he played in the first few games. Can somebody confirm this?[/quote]Ed’s basically wasting away a year of him gaining experience by sitting him on the pine. We are in last place in the b10 with “0” post play. Why not play him? I’m hoping Ed didn’t pull another Milos :o

That’s for a medical redshirt.

No there’s not. Not sure how you came up with that. There is a medical hardship aka medical redshirt rule but that’s 30% of your games which works out to nine games not six. If you step onto the court, other than in a exhibition game, you lose your regular redshirt.

You never red-shirt a Euro. They will be gone in 4 regardless.

[quote="bdroc, post:1, topic:663"]I assume that Borovnjak can not redshirt since he played in the first few games. Can somebody confirm this?[/quote]Ed's basically wasting away a year of him gaining experience by sitting him on the pine. We are in last place in the b10 with "0" post play. Why not play him? I'm hoping Ed didn't pull another Milos :o

Since Sasa is unable to get any minutes playing behind weak contributors on a losing team, the coaches’ evaluation would seem to be pretty clear.

What if the coaches evaluation is incorrect?

[quote="bdroc, post:1, topic:663"]I assume that Borovnjak can not redshirt since he played in the first few games. Can somebody confirm this?[/quote]Ed's basically wasting away a year of him gaining experience by sitting him on the pine. We are in last place in the b10 with "0" post play. Why not play him? I'm hoping Ed didn't pull another Milos :o

Since Sasa is unable to get any minutes playing behind weak contributors on a losing team, the coaches’ evaluation would seem to be pretty clear.

Great point. I’m not sure why people are clamoring for Sasa to play. While I’m not the biggest ED fan, I’m sure if Sasa was capable of giving any type of quality post minutes, he would be playing. I’m already worried about Sasa and Oliver being washouts.

Great point. I’m not sure why people are clamoring for Sasa to play. While I’m not the biggest ED fan, I’m sure if Sasa was capable of giving any type of quality post minutes, he would be playing. I’m already worried about Sasa and Oliver being washouts.

Calm down, folks. Remember, the hardest position to make the transition from one level to another (i.e. from high school to college) are the big men. There is an adjustment period. Anyone making a judgment on them right now is foolish.

I am sick of your personal attacks against the players. Worry about yourself, you POS.

I am sick of your personal attacks against the players. Worry about yourself, you POS.

I’m confused. Is FanofPSU a managed healthcare plan? ???

I’m confused. Is FanofPSU a managed healthcare plan? ???

Yes he is the pubic option they are debating