Welcome Trey Burke to Blue & White

Reported on front page of BWI…

5’11" PG out Columbus, Ohio

There is videos of him on the recruiting thread. Time to really get the Matrix in gear. Have a feeling there will be a few more before the Big Ten Season even starts. PSU is pretty set at PG position for a good while with Frazier, Burke & Taran.

Woo hoo

Hopefully the start of a great class. Welcome to PSU Trey.

WELCOME Trey!

Great get for PSU.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/911664.html

Great news! Keep the verbals coming!

Obviously there’s a point guard requirement that the first name must begin with “T”. :smiley:

Now there’s a hell of an article: “Trey Burke is headed to the Big Ten. He made his college decision on Wednesday.”

Welcome to Penn State, Trey. Or some other Big Ten school you might have chosen.

Welcome aboard, Trey!

Trey Burke 2008-2009 Highlights – Columbus Northland, Class of 2011

A very nice highlight video from last season. He looks a lot like Battle, but with a smoother jumper. Maybe not quite as quick, then again he was only a soph in these videos.

Welcome Trey!

Looking forward to hearing “Trey hits the Trey for Penn State!”

Yeah, but how many times will he dunk his freshman year?

Great news, and a great start to a very large, and very important recruiting class.

Trey is one of the earliest commitments Coach Ed has received in his time here. It definitely a start of changing the Basketball culture that PSU is getting juniors committing before there Junior season starts.

Can I just be the first to drink the kool aid?..I feel like we’re watching a turning point in this program. I love Penn State football, I do Paternoville, I love the Flyers and the Eagles…but I have never wanted to see ANY team do well as much as I have this season and this basketball team.

ROKK would be happy. We hsve 3 or 4 possible point guards on this team now: Talor, Taran, Tim, and Try (we have a thing going with th “t’s”).

I remember him lambasting ED at the end of Ben Luber’s career for not really having another young pg in the wings ready for post-Luber period. Now we have more than one.

Welcome aboard, Trey.

Welcome aboard Trey. Now correct me if I am wrong but he can’t officially sign until next Fall during the early signing period?

Looks like Ed & the boys are starting to fill the 2011 class early. Which is a good thing with Talor, DJ, Ott and Drew all graduating.

[quote=“bem5047, post:14, topic:128”]ROKK would be happy. We hsve 3 or 4 possible point guards on this team now: Talor, Taran, Tim, and Try (we have a thing going with th “t’s”).

I remember him lambasting ED at the end of Ben Luber’s career for not really having another young pg in the wings ready for post-Luber period. Now we have more than one.

Welcome aboard, Trey.[/quote]

Trey won’t be here until after Talor leaves but we will have Taran & Tim still here.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:15, topic:128”]Welcome aboard Trey. Now correct me if I am wrong but he can’t officially sign until next Fall during the early signing period?

Looks like Ed & the boys are starting to fill the 2011 class early. Which is a good thing with Talor, DJ, Ott and Drew all graduating.[/quote]

Not to mention Brooks (or Highberger and Kilpatrick for walk-ons)

[quote="jjepsu92, post:15, topic:128"]Welcome aboard Trey. Now correct me if I am wrong but he can't officially sign until next Fall during the early signing period?

Looks like Ed & the boys are starting to fill the 2011 class early. Which is a good thing with Talor, DJ, Ott and Drew all graduating.[/quote]

Not to mention Brooks (or Highberger and Kilpatrick for walk-ons)

I knew I was forgetting somebody. Sorry Jeff.

A funny thing just happened, Trey was bumped up from an 87 to an 88 in ESPN’s database. They have yet to show him as a PSU verbal but this would be the first player to go up in rating since Talor. Go figure.

Disclaimer: I by no means take recruiting services seriously but do like to read the evaluations.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:15, topic:128”]Welcome aboard Trey. Now correct me if I am wrong but he can’t officially sign until next Fall during the early signing period?

That’s correct.