Welcome Jonathan Graham

He’s signing his LOI on friday!

You forgot a link: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/2010/05/calvert_halls_jonathan_graham_picks_big_ten_school.html

Welcome Jon!

[quote=“noobd, post:2, topic:1164”]You forgot a link: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/2010/05/calvert_halls_jonathan_graham_picks_big_ten_school.html

Welcome Jon![/quote]

I suppose that would have been helpful huh…lol

I saw you posted it in the other thread, but I wanted this one to look official. :wink:

Please, this kid could be a great get for us. On what basis do you make this declarative statement. I have read he is on campus visiting but have read nothing definative beyond that.

link… top of the thread.

For as awful as some of you paint the shape of the program to be… well, nevermind. Very good news, seems like he could be quite a player.

Amen

and holy crap 1600 posts…gotta pick up my game

He is still a 3+ recruiting until proven otherwise. I wouldn’t get TOO excited yet. But a 3+ is better than nothing getting anyone because he has a lot of potential.

That’s just sour grapes. You wish SHU would have picked him up. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="noobd, post:9, topic:1164"]He is still a 3+ recruiting until proven otherwise. I wouldn't get TOO excited yet. But a 3+ is better than nothing getting anyone because he has a lot of potential.[/quote]

That’s just sour grapes. You wish SHU would have picked him up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, possibly. SHU is recruiting a better player that plays the same position as Graham. If they land the player, then no. If they don’t, we’ll see. Almost everyone has said that Graham is not a Big East talent, but SHU can use another forward at the moment. We’ll see how this one plays out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Had to get a big. Had to. Hope he’s good enough to start. If he brings more than Edwards, and he’s rated higher on balance, it’ll be terrific. While I kind of liked Edwards game, IMO, he didn’t run that well, certainly not well enough for a 3(or as a 2, as Lar suggested he might be playing ;)). Graham seems a bit leaner, yet more of a 4. Edwards was listed on rivals as 6’5", 239. Graham listed there as 6’8", 210. While Edwards rebounded well, he didn’t play the 4, and he was basically Cornley’s size, so I was hoping. Graham seems more suitable for the spot, and he supposedly shoots hooks with both hands. I like that. Lateral movement, explosiveness and playing below the rim are the questions. Still, IMO, it has to be a step up. And maybe he likes to mix it up. We could use some of that.

Getting excited about the season. Bowman, Buie & Graham. I know Talor will take to heart what the Trail Blazers recommended. I expect he’ll be pumped up more like McCamey when the season starts. He’ll probably drag Taran along with him. Let’s hope some other returning players put some solid work in. Be interesting to know what Sasa is doing in the summer.

Welcome aboard Jonathan, I hope you enjoy it at PSU.

It does sound like he wasn’t PSU’s first choice since we only got back in touch with him a month ago, but if this kid is willing to play in the post with his back to the basket then I’m glad we picked him up. I feel like playing in the post is as much about desire as it is about skill (but skill certainly helps).

Welcome Tonathan Braham!

http://nittanywhiteout.com/2010/05/13/basketball-2-football-still-zero-jonathan-graham-commits-to-penn-state/

“I think he’d be asked, as a younger player, not to do too much too soon,” Bauersfeld said. “I think they’re going to be really patient for him and let him develop his strength and those aspects.

Welcome Jonathan… I like players local players ( 3 hour drive time.)

Great news! Welcome to PSU, Jonathan!

:slight_smile:

I think the best part of anything I read was “he shoots a hook with both hands”. There is no defense for a hook.

That and he averaged 9.9 rpg last year.

Welcome aboard Jonathan. Get that Windex out, it’s time to clean the glass!

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:13, topic:1164”]Welcome aboard Jonathan, I hope you enjoy it at PSU.

It does sound like he wasn’t PSU’s first choice since we only got back in touch with him a month ago, but if this kid is willing to play in the post with his back to the basket then I’m glad we picked him up. I feel like playing in the post is as much about desire as it is about skill (but skill certainly helps).[/quote]He had committed and signed an LOI to Seton Hall. There was no reason to contact him over the winter.
I do think he can be a good backup this year. Unless he is really really good he’ll be allowed to learn the system and get acclimated to the speed of the college game. PSU has 3 senior forwards in front of him, but if he attacks the glass he’ll see lots of PT.

I definitely like that he shoots hooks with both hands. The hook is the most under-used shot in the college game today. It’s easy, effective and hard to stop.

Welcome Jonathan!

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:13, topic:1164”]Welcome aboard Jonathan, I hope you enjoy it at PSU.

It does sound like he wasn’t PSU’s first choice since we only got back in touch with him a month ago, but if this kid is willing to play in the post with his back to the basket then I’m glad we picked him up. I feel like playing in the post is as much about desire as it is about skill (but skill certainly helps).[/quote]

Duh. We didn’t have any scholarships until a month ago.