PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Welcome Dallion Johnson 🔥

2 Likes

Welcome Dallion!

247 has him listed at 6’2", 170 lbs. #1 player in Mass for the 2020 class per 247 again.

No other high major offers except Rutgers that I can see, looks like Davidson was probably the next closest in the mix.

^ Small write-up about him from a few months ago.

247 Composite ranks him 204 overall, 41 SG and 1 in Mass. 247 has him at 153, 28 and 1. Welcome to PSU.

1 Like

We need those! Still a long time till he’s here, but welcome Dallion. Hope you’re gonna hit a ton of big shots for us.

Straight up shooter. A little loose with the handle on occasion, needs to fill out and build strength to play big 10 defense. But he fills a clear need on this team (reliable shooting) and that’s why he’s here.

1 Like

There is a PSU connection here

1 Like

Wow! Really cool connection. Hopefully he stays if other high-majors start offering. The good news for him is he can sign his LOI with PSU and still go to UVA if they offer :+1:

3 Likes

Sounds like you’ve seen him in person? You project him at more of a 2-guard then or you think the handle will come along by the time he’s here?

Welcome to PSU Dallion!

Courtesy of RLR. Looks good, he can’t miss! Has deep 3 point range already as a soph in HS, stroke looks good. Seems to have a bit of a mid-range game too, and a potential floater there. Hopefully he keeps developing, hard to get a gauge of the HS level of competition he’s facing up there in MA. Needs to add some strength to his frame, but he’s just a soph in this video. And here I did a eval on a 7 min season highlight video haha. :rofl:

Does not look like very impressive competition there. That’s also his soph season, here’s a more recent clip from a couple months ago:

This is a full game of AAU play, he’s #7 on the blue team, you get some up close looks at him on defense in particular.

Looks to have a good wingspan and overall feel for the game. A bit passive though, at least in this game. Although to be fair his teammates do a really bad job of looking for him when he’s open. He makes a basket around 11:10 and 34:10. He made one more somewhere but I couldn’t find it as I skimmed.

Some further reading… he led his AAU team in scoring at the Adidas Gauntlet this year, averaging 11 points per game including going 42% from 3PT on 68 attempts.

Also note that #20 for the same team is Jordan Geronimo, a kid we’ve also offered.

He’s a combo guard. I suspect Chambers will try him at point because that seems to be his M.O. with most combo guards he’s brought in here. Much like Ra, I think he projects better as a 2 and will probably end up playing more there.

1 Like

Welcome Dallion! Can’t wait to see you in the blue and white!!

It’s a great day to be a Nittany Lion!

Welcome Dallion…i assume a player from New England was being recruited by Coach Freeman. Would this be Freeman’s first recruiting win!!!

Ehh PC also used to coach in Massachusetts, and his HS coach is Titus Ivory’s younger bro. I wouldn’t be so quick labeling him as a Freeman recruit.

That would make him a JD recruit, no? :wink:

3 Likes

I would give the credit to Parkhill.

And Talor Battle, no?

If Parkhill did not hire JD as an assistant, Dunn would have not become the HC and Titus would have never came to PSU. If it wasn’t for Titus, his brother would not know that PSU has a basketball program and we would therefore not have been on Dallion’s radar. You gotta give credit where credit is due, Dallion committed because of what Parkhill put into motion. This is a Parkhill recruit.