PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Welcome, Brandon Taylor

Seen him listed at 6-8, Dave seems to apply his personal auto-correct to put him at 6-7. Seems to have potential to bang in the Big 10, some shooting range though, too.

Nice get!

Seems like a solid get. Since he’s local, Ill try and see him play sometime this winter.

Welcom Branson.

I’ll make it a ponit to get to at least a couple of his games. Trenton is not too far away, and they will probably play games in Phily and South Jersey.

Dave says Brandon was the “man that [Penn State] wanted”.

Now what are we going to talk about until season starts. ;D

Welcome Brandon, I’m glad we got the guy our coaches wanted.

Some video:

Taylor has the long hair in that clip.

So…on paper he’s a thicker version of Jeff Brooks?

[quote=“Tom, post:7, topic:2647”]Taylor has the long hair in that clip.

So…on paper he’s a thicker version of Jeff Brooks?[/quote]

Bangs harder than Jeff. Still young and developing, too. His father said he might redshirt, but I think that comment hints that he’s probably one of the youngest kids in his grade.

[quote=“tjb, post:1, topic:2647”]https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/djoneshoop/status/110769984422162432

Seen him listed at 6-8, Dave seems to apply his personal auto-correct to put him at 6-7. Seems to have potential to bang in the Big 10, some shooting range though, too.

Nice get![/quote]

I’ve been carrying him in the matrix at 6’6" but that since last year when DeChellis had him on campus for the Michigan game and have seen him listed anywhere between that 6’6" and 6’8" (I followed Jones’ lead and bumped him to 6’7"). Last year he played mostly small forward which is where DJ lists him. But over the past summer he seems to be concentrating some on this post game, showing his versatility and probably the reason that Telep lists him as a PF (I’ve changed the matrix to list him as both).

Some reviews (both from ESPN)

“Taylor’s niche is his ability to stretch opposing defenses as a pick-and-pop guy. But with his natural size and strength, he’s always had the potential to evolve into a matchup problem. That evolution is moving forward at an increased rate now that Taylor is showing more toughness battling inside the paint, while also becoming a more consistent low-post scoring threat. He’ll need to continue to polish his game on the interior and cut up his physique to take things to the next level, but if Sunday morning’s performance was any indication, he’s well on his way.”

“The prototypical mismatch problem, Taylor has the size and strength to score on the perimeter and the skill set to stretch opposing defenses to the three-point line. He is built like a truck with a naturally strong frame and knows how to post big on the block where he can overpower smaller defenders. He shoots a consistent ball from the three-point line and can also make a shot off the dribble or attack with limited bounces. Defensively, he has the strength to bang in the post and pretty good mobility for a player his size.”

[quote=“Tom, post:7, topic:2647”]Taylor has the long hair in that clip.

If he plays like Senior Jeff but as a Sophomore or Junior I’ll be happy.

[quote="Tom, post:7, topic:2647"]Taylor has the long hair in that clip.

Bangs harder than Jeff. Still young and developing, too. His father said he might redshirt, but I think that comment hints that he’s probably one of the youngest kids in his grade.

I’m thinking Travis Parker like.

[quote="Tom, post:7, topic:2647"]Taylor has the long hair in that clip.

I’m thinking Travis Parker like.

Me, too. I had that included in the story that’s about to publish lol.

A taller Travis Parker would be just fine, too.

Waiting for anything official, I have us at -1 scholarships for Brandon’s freshman year. I would not be surprised if we don’t hear anything official until practice starts or even signing day.

It’s nice to see that your scholarship matrix coding is sophisticated enough to handle those negative numbers.

Welcome Mr. Taylor.

:slight_smile:

Another read…

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/brandon-taylor-commits-to-penn-state

If we got another version of Travis Parker for FOUR years I am thrilled.

Awesome and Welcome Brandon!

From 247…Maybe a couple of months ago.

Has anyone else noticed that Coach Chambers’ name has been mentioned as a reason why each kid has committed here. Even prospects drop his name during interviews. It wasn’t always like that before and this is the way it should be.