PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

We have a game tonight

Discuss.

One can hope for the type of win PSU had over Purdue in 08-09. Empty building, but somehow won (Purdue injuries).

Don’t count on it.

We are 6.5 pt dogs. I think with under 5 minutes to go in the game it will be very close. I would expect Talor to get 20 pts and either Brooks or DJ to have a double digit game. I think one of the 2 will struggle. This is the kind of game where I think Bowman rather than Marshall could have success. It’s just a gut feeling on my part. Ultimately, I say we cover the spread, but lose. However I think we have the best chance of winning this game out of our next 5.

I just hope we can find some way to win it, I will be watching

I don’t know…it looks to me that Marshall has a better handle and PU likes to pressure the heck out of the ball.

I think they’d both struggle in this game and shame on Ed if this is the game he decides to break them into the B10.

We’re capable of winning, but we have to commit to the gameplan on both ends of the court. We looked precise and measured most of the last two games on offense, let’s hope that continues and we are able to figure out a way to slow Purdue down when they try to score it.

I expect a tight game, but we’ll see.

Just need “the big three” to be big again, and play a little defense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the game is close until the last 5 minutes where it slips away. We saw a lot of that last season.

You stealing my words without giving me proper citing? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="bballguy, post:3, topic:1729"]This is the kind of game where I think Bowman rather than Marshall could have success.[/quote]

I don’t know…it looks to me that Marshall has a better handle and PU likes to pressure the heck out of the ball.

I think they’d both struggle in this game and shame on Ed if this is the game he decides to break them into the B10.

:smiley:

Great job Ed and Jermaine!

[quote="bballguy, post:3, topic:1729"]This is the kind of game where I think Bowman rather than Marshall could have success.[/quote]

My thoughts were exactly the same coming into the game. It will be interesting to see if ED continues to go to “the hot hand” against MSU. I hope he does. Then we’ll see if Izzo has game planned for Jermaine. Maybe it will be Bowman’s turn to turn some heads.

My thoughts were exactly the same coming into the game. It will be interesting to see if ED continues to go to “the hot hand” against MSU. I hope he does. Then we’ll see if Izzo has game planned for Jermaine. Maybe it will be Bowman’s turn to turn some heads.

I would bet Izzo would watch tape of yesterday game!!! Think he just looked at stats :wink:

The nice thing is, it gives PSU another wrinkle for other teams to prepare for. It’s easy to shut down Battle, knowing that there isn’t really another consistent perimeter threat. Not saying that Marshall will be that threat after only one good game. But it is something other teams will have to take notice of and prepare for.