Way OT: PSU Women's VB: The Year of the Streak (and Not Looking Back)

I’ve posted a piece on Dig Nittany Volleyball – “On Streaks (and Not Looking Back”)" – http://www.dignittanyvolleyball.com/?p=4955 about some of the amazing accomplishments of the 2009 Penn State Women’s Volleyball team, like winning an unprecedented third consecutive NCAA Championship, extending the NCAA record for consecutive match victories to 102, winning an NCAA record 18th consecutive NCAA Tournament match, extending the record for consecutive Big Ten match victories to 65, and the record for consecutive match victories in Rec Hall to 74 – with video and quotes from Head Coach Russ on the meaning of it all (hint: Russ doesn’t pay any attention to “historical statistics” like winning streaks.)

The piece also includes ((with a big helping hand from UncleLar, who, I want to emphasize, is not responsible for any errors or mistakes in the piece or on the site – those are entirely mine :)) a more in-depth discussion of the 102-match streak and how it compares with the Miami men’s tennis streak of victories in 137 matches from 1957-1964.

[quote=“nyline, post:1, topic:571”]I’ve posted a piece on Dig Nittany Volleyball – “On Streaks (and Not Looking Back”)" – http://www.dignittanyvolleyball.com/?p=4955 about some of the amazing accomplishments of the 2009 Penn State Women’s Volleyball team, like winning an unprecedented third consecutive NCAA Championship, extending the NCAA record for consecutive match victories to 102, winning an NCAA record 18th consecutive NCAA Tournament match, extending the record for consecutive Big Ten match victories to 65, and the record for consecutive match victories in Rec Hall to 74 – with video and quotes from Head Coach Russ on the meaning of it all (hint: Russ doesn’t pay any attention to “historical statistics” like winning streaks.)

The piece also includes ((with a big helping hand from UncleLar, who, I want to emphasize, is not responsible for any errors or mistakes in the piece or on the site – those are entirely mine :)) a more in-depth discussion of the 102-match streak and how it compares with the Miami men’s tennis streak of victories in 137 matches from 1957-1964.[/quote]

As in #9 from this list. :wink:

I can only guess that I do that a lot, but not all the time. :slight_smile:

You’re not the only one.