Vs Illinois IGT

Got a good feeling about tonight… let’s get one boys!

Great start! :slight_smile:

We need Babb to get hot.

We look pretty poised offensively to start - looks good.

Good start. ;D

I’ve never seen us run the offense as well as we just did the first 3 minutes of this game.

Defense has to get a little more fierce however.

Ott is looking good even with 2 pts.

I really hope Ed gets Hubert in the fold. We need a shot blocker bad.

Refs must have somewhere to be, and Illinois is just not missing.

Hubert was at the SHU win over Pitt the other day, FWIW.

Where is the defense? Why has Jackson taken three 3PT shots?

A lot of the shots are open, but even open shots can’t keep falling this frequently

That’s the best offensive 5 minutes in the history of Illinois basketball as far as I’m concerned. They’ll cool off at some point, we just need to stay close for now. That was a hellish long time without stoppage, we definitely got tired there and needed a whistle. Now we’ll see a bunch of stops in a row to break up the game.

Wake me up when we try to score inside. IL goes inside/outside. We go outside, outside, outside. It just doesn’t work. Want to keep Tisdale in the game? Shoot 3’s.

[quote="byake, post:9, topic:750"]I really hope Ed gets Hubert in the fold. We need a shot blocker bad.[/quote] Hubert was at the SHU win over Pitt the other day, FWIW.

Where is the defense? Why has Jackson taken three 3PT shots?

Yeah, I saw an article mentioning that and thought of you. :smiley:

We need him more imo.

Ott, Jackson, and Babb are the only guys taking shots right now LOL - sounds a bit funny if you had said that a month ago.

Maybe. But PSU’s lack of defense isn’t helping much.

[quote=“byake, post:15, topic:750”]Yeah, I saw an article mentioning that and thought of you. :smiley:

We need him more imo.[/quote]
Probably the same article.

I’ll argue that. SHU only has 1 proven 4 player next year (Pope). They have a freshmen named Hall who has shown much upside, but he isn’t a 5. They have a monster Melvyn Oliver, but he has a lot of problems (weight and academics). Besides that, they have no one else who is a true 4 or 5 as well as no 4 or 5s that have committed.

Guys have been getting position in the box but for some reason our guards are to hesitant to get the ball in timely. Guess with the way we score and the lack of emphasis by the staff this is what we get.

Geez…rough start. Id venture a guess that they wont shoot 80% for the game however…