PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Visitors this weekend

Perhaps this is and/or should be under the recruiting thread but apparently we have at least 5 visitors in this weekend. The twins from Kiski http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=38&tid=137406081&mid=137406081&sid=890&style=2

In addition we are getting a visit from a highly sought after junior from philly (class of 2012), a highly rated kid from Oklahoma (class of 2012), and of course the South Jersey player that has been discussed on the board (Reischel class of 2011).

Rivals (BWI) has done a good job covering this

According to Lar’s matrix, the kid from Philly is Savon Goodman (and it appears this is his second visit to PSU) and the kid from Oklahoma is Matt Christiansen

The blurb on BWI about the visit for the Kiski kids is dated October 7th…

I’ll believe it when they’re actually spotted here. They’ve been trying to get the Bhullar kids and Goodman here all year (along with Amile Jefferson, who i guess isn’t coming). It’s even been reported that they were coming before but they didn’t show.

Christiansen and Reischel will be here, though. They have legit interest in us.

Why would recruits visit us when we can’t even make means to visit OUR OWN CONFERENCE’S DAMN MEDIA DAY?

It wouldve been great to be there…but not a huge deal.

[quote="NationBuilder, post:5, topic:1428"]Why would recruits visit us when we can't even make means to visit OUR OWN CONFERENCE'S DAMN MEDIA DAY?[/quote]

It wouldve been great to be there…but not a huge deal.

You’re right. It’s not a big deal. Let’s continue to act like we’re lower division Colonial League program rather than one in the best conference in the country.

I must have missed something. Did PSU not send any representatives to B10 media day?

[quote="NationBuilder, post:5, topic:1428"]Why would recruits visit us when we can't even make means to visit OUR OWN CONFERENCE'S DAMN MEDIA DAY?[/quote]

I must have missed something. Did PSU not send any representatives to B10 media day?

Check the “Media Day” thread below. Looks like PSU did not show citing wind problem with flights.

They cancelled the visit scheduled for two weeks ago and moved it to this weekend.

Any word on how the visits went?

I’ve heard from a friend that at least one of the famlies was pissed off when they showed up and were charged $40 to park (and no, I’m not joking).

[quote="phillipinthevalley, post:11, topic:1428"]Any word on how the visits went?[/quote]

I’ve heard from a friend that at least one of the famlies was pissed off when they showed up and were charged $40 to park (and no, I’m not joking).

They probably had to park 3 mi away, too, I bet… (PURE conjecture on my part… but shouldn’t there be SOMETHING set up for a few VIP spots they could have had access to near the BJC?)

[quote="phillipinthevalley, post:11, topic:1428"]Any word on how the visits went?[/quote]

They probably had to park 3 mi away, too, I bet… (PURE conjecture on my part… but shouldn’t there be SOMETHING set up for a few VIP spots they could have had access to near the BJC?)

$40! That’s what they get in Manhattan. Football charges $40? Wow. How much are the tickets to the game? Hopefully, those were comped. :wink: I’m with you MarkH on the spots. How could the bball program not know this would bother people?

It was in one of the parking decks, so not far. Not sure of it was an oversight, or if we can’t offer it on an unofficial visit (in which case, I would think we would make them aware of $10 parking). Need Lar to give us the rule, but I am pretty sure that it can be provided and was either a miscommunication or an oversight. Either way, not good.

Its $40 if you don’t order parking tickets in advance. (meaning at the beggining of the year). But I don’t know if there are cheaper options if you look around. Also, confirmed visitors that were seen at the game all high school juniors include. Neither Patterson nor Taylor have made it onto to Matrix as of yet.

1. Savon Goodman - Academy of the New Church
  2. Marcus Gilbert - Academy of the New Church
  3. Chaz Patterson- Trenton Catholic Academy 6-3 SG
  4. Brandon Taylor - Trenton Catholic Academy 6-6 Power Forward.

I imagine there were others…but Scout managed to photo these 4 at the game.

Not exactly. Tickets for parking are $10 if ordered ten days in advance or bought at the BJC by 4 pm Friday afternoon. If you wait until the day of the game, they are $40.

It was in one of the parking decks, so not far. Not sure of it was an oversight, or if we can’t offer it on an unofficial visit (in which case, I would think we would make them aware of $10 parking). Need Lar to give us the rule, but I am pretty sure that it can be provided and was either a miscommunication or an oversight. Either way, not good.

If it was an official visit then they could have arranged parking for them. Not so for unofficial visits (although I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t have sold them a $10 parking sticker ahead of time).

$40! That’s what they get in Manhattan. Football charges $40? Wow. How much are the tickets to the game? Hopefully, those were comped. :wink: I’m with you MarkH on the spots. How could the bball program not know this would bother people?

A recruit gets a max of three comped tickets on either official or unofficial visits (or more accurately they get put on a guest list which prevents any reselling from taking place).

If it was an official visit then they could have arranged parking for them. Not so for unofficial visits (although I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t have sold them a $10 parking sticker ahead of time).

Why can’t they have a “visitor” lot next to the BJC hoops offices? Those could always be free for anyone visiting – for event tickets or a meeting with a coach etc. It’s silly to have a potential recruit pay $40 to park if the tickets are free.