Virginia Tech game is a WHITEOUT

Just passing this along, the AD has declared this game a a full-stadium whiteout.

There’s a facebook event for students, here it is:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196223946434&index=1

The last whitehouse was Illinois, let’s hope for a similar ending.

[quote=“BleedPSU, post:1, topic:455”]Just passing this along, the AD has declared this game a a full-stadium whiteout.

There’s a facebook event for students, here it is:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196223946434&index=1

The last whitehouse was Illinois, let’s hope for a similar ending.[/quote]

Idk if my heart can handle a similar ending…I’ll take a 10+ point win.lol

Student video for the game…Penn State Basketball Whiteout

That is pretty strong…

[quote="BleedPSU, post:3, topic:455"]Student video for the game...[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM97pZJpjWI#]Penn State Basketball Whiteout[/url][/quote]

That is pretty strong…

The videos have gotten better and better each year he does it.

Should be a blue out the way our fans have shown up this year. It was embarrasing to watch that UMBC game on TV the other night. Take a way they military group behind the one hoop and you probably had 3,000 people there. Student showing was pretty poor as well.

I thought the attendence for the first three homes games was pretty good compared to past years. I guess three out of four is not bad.

[quote="battlesway2, post:6, topic:455"]Should be a blue out the way our fans have shown up this year. It was embarrasing to watch that UMBC game on TV the other night. Take a way they military group behind the one hoop and you probably had 3,000 people there. Student showing was pretty poor as well.[/quote]

I thought the attendence for the first three homes games was pretty good compared to past years. I guess three out of four is not bad.

Guess it wasn’t to bad. Last game was horrible though. Looked pretty bad on the old television set.

[quote="battlesway2, post:6, topic:455"]Should be a blue out the way our fans have shown up this year. It was embarrasing to watch that UMBC game on TV the other night. Take a way they military group behind the one hoop and you probably had 3,000 people there. Student showing was pretty poor as well.[/quote]

Guess it wasn’t to bad. Last game was horrible though. Looked pretty bad on the old television set.

I agree it looked bad but I wasn’t expecting too much. It was a 6:30 weekday start time against UMBC.

What are we expecting for the VT game tomorrow night? Any word on ticket sales? Other than the “whiteout,” any promotion for the game going on in SC?

The game is Sat. night, not tomorrow night. Men’s hoops promos on the link below.

http://www.gopsusports.com/promotions/mbb.html

I agree it looked bad but I wasn’t expecting too much. It was a 6:30 weekday start time against UMBC.

The blizzard from the Midwest this week was forecast to drop for 3-6 inches of snow on University Park that evening, starting around tip-off of the UMBC game. These are the circumstances where the students have to pick up the slack. Are they still on campus or are finals over?

The blizzard from the Midwest this week was forecast to drop for 3-6 inches of snow on University Park starting around tip-off. These are the circumstances where the students have to pick up the slack. Are they still on campus or are finals over?

??? Forecast does not look too bad on the link below.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/pa/state%20college/16803/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

The blizzard from the Midwest this week was forecast to drop for 3-6 inches of snow on University Park starting around tip-off. These are the circumstances where the students have to pick up the slack. Are they still on campus or are finals over?

Finals are next week.

But you can’t be serious that students are suddenly going to say “My goodness, the weather is bad, we have to pick up the slack for all those people who can’t make it to the basketball game.”

90% of the students here don’t give two hoots about basketball and most certainly don’t feel any obligation for having to cover for ticket holders who decide not to brave the weather. Make the game free for them and maybe they’ll show up. Otherwise they’ll stay home in droves just like the other fans.

Hopefully we get a big turnout. I’m heading up from the Arlington, VA tomorrow afternoon to spend a weekend up in State College. Really looking forward to the game. Looks like any weather issues should hold off until Sunday morning.

Finals are next week.

But you can’t be serious that students are suddenly going to say “My goodness, the weather is bad, we have to pick up the slack for all those people who can’t make it to the basketball game.”

90% of the students here don’t give two hoots about basketball and most certainly don’t feel any obligation for having to cover for ticket holders who decide not to brave the weather. Make the game free for them and maybe they’ll show up. Otherwise they’ll stay home in droves just like the other fans.

I agree. I think that there need to be big incentives to get people to the games. Unfortunately the basketball is not to the level where casual fans will show up. However, it it were free or some other promotion excited people, we may have a chance. What if for every game that 10,000 people attend, the university would give 20K to dance marathon?

Finals are next week.

I agree. I think that there need to be big incentives to get people to the games. Unfortunately the basketball is not to the level where casual fans will show up. However, it it were free or some other promotion excited people, we may have a chance. What if for every game that 10,000 people attend, the university would give 20K to dance marathon?

They tried something like that last year and it was kind of screwed up. The concept was good, the implementation was lousy.

I like the “games should be free for students” idea, Been saying this for years.

I like the students get in for free idea also. If not free they maybe a $1 or 2. I mean that game the other night you had like a 70% empty row of “fat cat” seats >:( then you had about 2 full rows of students behind them. Looked like the student crowd at the local high school game.

Whoops… my weather post was referring to the forecast for last Tuesday for the UMBC game, NOT SATURDAY and Va Tech.

I’ve corrected the post. :-[

But my point is that a UMBC on a Tuesday night in a snowstorm and you get what you got… the dedicated 1000 or so local State College season ticket holders and the rest are students.

If the on campus students don’t come, for whatever reason, then you have mucho empty seats.