PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

VCU Doing It Again

Routing Purdue just like they did Georgetown.

The CAA has some very good teams despite what OSU did to George Mason today.

VCU, Richmond and Butler all in the Sweet 16? Awesome. Not to mention BYU and San Diego State who were semi-expected to get there.

I wonder if the ESPN talking heads are still crying that VCU has no business in the tournament? ::slight_smile:

I think that 3 of those big east bids should went to some non-bcs squads. Looks like only really Big East teams that have survived are the ones that had to play another Big Least them to get to sweet 16

“Well they shouldn’t have been because they didn’t pass the eye test and they didn’t win enough big games and they were poopy heads that weren’t in my 68 team field so the committee did a bad job.” Probably some dude at ESPN

Vitale finally just ate his crow on Twitter. I thought it’d never happen. :smiley:

It’s stunning how true that statement is.

UConn beat Cincy
Marquette beat Syracuse

If ND loses, that’s it from 11 total teams.

:o

It early second but ND is showing how good the Big Least is.

I thought we’d get Purdue in. But no real surprise other than that in the Big 10.

Wisconsin’s path to the Final Four sets up nicely - Butler and BYU/Fla are all easily beatable.

[quote="tjb, post:9, topic:2222"]I thought we'd get Purdue in. But no real surprise other than that in the Big 10.[/quote]

Wisconsin’s path to the Final Four sets up nicely - Butler and BYU/Fla are all easily beatable.

Tell that to Pitt :). I do like Wisky’s chances but Butler just has a “luck” factor over the last season and now. They been showing a stat about Butler winning so close of games the past 2 ncaa tournaments. I can’t remember it was exactly quantifying but it was crazy how good they have been in keeping games close and pulling them out.

I really thought Purdue would handle VCU, guess I was wrong. Good job VCU, you do belong and no one can take that away from you.

I love that Southeast bracket with #1 Kansas and 10 FSU, 11 VCU and 12 Richmond…i hope Kansas falls on there face against that.

They won’t, for there is no killer “B” school (Bucknell, Bradley) and no strange directional team (Northern Iowa) to bounce them. Then again, Mitch Richmond (of KSU) single-handedly beat Kansas at home to end their 55-game home winning streak, the same year Danny and the Miracles won the title in '88. So seeing that they might have to go through two teams from Richmond, it might be troublesome. :wink:

Yes, but the assumed first 2 out were Colorado and VATech, 2 BCS schools… You’d have to go even deeper to bring in more mid-majors.

How long til Shaka Smart gets his name attached with every big name coaching opening?

As an aside, we might very well play VCU next season as they are in the tournament we are playing in Connecticut – they play USF while we play Kentucky. Is VCU losing a lot of players?

4 of VCU’s top 5 minute-getters are seniors

Pretty sure it’s Old Dominion that plays USF, not VCU.

[quote="SideshowBob, post:17, topic:2222"]As an aside, we might very well play VCU next season as they are in the tournament we are playing in Connecticut -- they play USF while we play Kentucky. Is VCU losing a lot of players?[/quote]

Pretty sure it’s Old Dominion that plays USF, not VCU.

You are right, my error. I made the mistake in the 2011-12 schedule thread and it has stuck in my head apparently. Ooops.