PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Usf igt

We can’t throw it in the ocean! But, a hustle defense has us in the lead.

At least Billy’s misses look good. Most of Cam’s misses are not even close. Combined with the fact that he really can’t put the ball on the floor whatsoever, I’m really not sure he’s deserving of the minutes he’s getting right now.

If we’re going to run this dribble drive offense, we need 4 guys that can put it on the floor at a time.

Spent the morning in Providence, just got back - who were the starting 5 for us today?

Still too many fouls on defense. They are playing well when in the zone. They are doing a better job of getting into position on defense and holding USF to one-and-done. Their defense hasn’t been the issue (Billy did nice job drawing charge, I believe the fourth or fifth he has drawn this year already?).

They simply can’t shoot from the outside. Frazier does a nice job getting into the paint and dishing to the perimeter. 0-6 thus far from 3-point range I believe?

Ugh. Awful :frowning:

This is brutual to watch. Somehow we’re winning but our offense is terrible. I want to see Trey Lewis do more than launch 3’s. I think our offense will be so much more productive if we can get the ball into the lane.

I’ve noticed that we’ve been drawing charges on the opposition in this tournament.

Timmy is averaging 8 assists/game right now. Imagine what that would be if some guys started knocking down shots on a consistent basis.

I’ve noticed we, like every other team in the country the last 10 years, have been doing it since well before this season.

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:25, topic:2853”]This is brutual to watch. Somehow we’re winning but our offense is terrible. I want to see Trey Lewis do more than launch 3’s. I think our offense will be so much more productive if we can get the ball into the lane.[/quote]Not sure what you expect them to do? USF is playing a decent zone, baiting Penn State into shooting outside shots (which they are doing a good job closing on the 3-point shooters). Frazier and Lewis have done a good enough job getting into the lane and drawing defenders. The perimeter players have just been atrocious knocking down the 3.

Where’s Graham? Sasa looking awful today

Sasa with the walk… shocking.

I am wondering why the switch back to man-to-man on the last possession. The zone has been very effective thus far… curious?

Perhaps trying to create more turnovers since we can’t seem to score any other way. Not sure.

Oliver looking terrible again too

We need a big, hopefully Brandon Taylor is as good as we hope.

Is Graham hurt? Ackerman in the game already

Does anyone know Herb Magee well enough to place a call?

I’d like to see Ross Travis get into the game more offensively. Think he could make a difference.

New Rule: if you’re a terrible free throw shooter, you shouldn’t be allowed to take 1, then claim you’re too injured to take the second.

I can see why Chambers has been preaching Attitude and Hustle, they’re the only reasons we’ve been staying with teams.