USA Basketball Names 20 Collegians To USA Men's Select Team

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/usa_basketball_names_20_colleg_2010_07_07.html

Led by eight players owning USA Basketball experience, including six who have won gold medals in international competitions, USA Basketball today announced a 20 player USA Men’s Select Team that will train against the 2010 USA Basketball Men’s National Team during its July 19-24 training camp in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Named to the 2010 USA Basketball Select squad were:

Lavoy Allen (Temple University/Morrisville, Pa.);
William Buford (Ohio State University / Toledo, Ohio);
LaceDarius Dunn (Baylor University/Monroe, La.);
Jimmer Fredette (Brigham Young University/Glens Falls, N.Y.);
Scotty Hopson (University of Tennessee/Hopkinsville, Ky.);
Scoop Jardine (Syracuse University/Philadelphia, Pa.);
JaJuan Johnson (Purdue University / Indianapolis, Ind.);
Jon Leuer (University of Wisconsin / Orono, Minn.);
Shelvin Mack (Butler University / Lexington, Ky.);
Marcus Morris (University of Kansas / Philadelphia, Pa.);
Jacob Pullen (Kansas State University / Maywood, Ill.);
John Shurna (Northwestern University / Glen Ellyn, Ill.);
Kyle Singler (Duke University / Medford, Ore.);
Chris Singleton (Florida State University / Canton, Ga.);
Nolan Smith (Duke University / Upper Marlboro, Md.);
Howard Thompkins (University of Georgia / Lithonia, Ga.);
Mike Tisdale (University of Illinois / Riverton, Ill.);
Kemba Walker (University of Connecticut / Bronx, N.Y.);
Chris Wright (University of Dayton / Trotwood, Ohio);
Tyler Zeller (University of North Carolina / Washington, Ind.).

I was keeping an eye out for this list all summer, hoping Talor might get a nod for this. But it sounds like from the other thread he’s been busy enough with other stuff. 5 Big Ten guys were selected, should be a good experience for them all and nice exposure also.

a bit from yesterday’s Philly Daily News

Temple’s Allen, other locals to play for USA select team
POSTED: July 9, 2010
By PHIL JASNER
jasnerp@phillynews.com

wow is the philly.com website ever a mess… between two different pop up ads that got through my adblocker, a noisy video ad loads and starts blaring at me and then another on-screen cover-the-content ad has to be closed also.

all that trouble to read a little 200 word article lol. they must really be struggling to make ends meet with all that ad revenue.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1255”]wow is the philly.com website ever a mess… between two different pop up ads that got through my adblocker, a noisy video ad loads and starts blaring at me and then another on-screen cover-the-content ad has to be closed also.

all that trouble to read a little 200 word article lol. they must really be struggling to make ends meet with all that ad revenue.[/quote]

I know, that’s why I didn’t post it earlier, but when you started the thread, I plugged it in.