Umbc igt

Let’s go Nits!

well… could be worse i guess. We’re winning!

I’m going to try to stay positive in this thread tonight :slight_smile:

Edwards impressive on the boards early

I guess this bad shooting is becoming a trend.

It’s as simple as not being able to make shots. Seems like the same old story lately.

Cam with a 3-ball is nice to see. :slight_smile:

They’re not getting bad shots, they’re just not making them

yes, he seems like our best pure shooter.

Usually that means things will be fine, but we haven’t seen these guys get hot in a while (Battle in the second half of UVA) to feel great about it…

get ready to see a lot of zone the rest of the year if this keeps up

This team needs to learn to play from the inside out, not just chuck one up and hope for offensive rebound.

This game has a feel sort of like the Robert Morris game. Close through the first half, but I expect PSU to pull away in the 2nd half.

The way we were shooting we might be able to convince Izzo to play zone.

We went short-corner to the paint for a nice dunk. Would have them out of the zone quickly if we kept moving the ball that way. Hope we don’t just keep settling for 3 balls.

I think Ott just headed the ball.

Good news is we’re outrebounding them 19-11 so far. No offensive boards given up yet.

I disagree. We are getting nothing inside against a team that it shouldn’t be a problem doing so. Only good looks we are getting are from the 3 line. You can’t rely on the 3 to win games. We need to show something in the post. I’d be more encouraged if the open looks from the arc were coming from penetration or from passes out of the post but mostly we are just passing it around out top until the defense cant recover on someone. This offense will not win come B10 season.

As I type this we have the ball down low and Ott on the baseline hits a cutting Brooks through the lane for a monster dunk. Thats the kind of stuff we need.

[quote="ronb89, post:7, topic:446"]They're not getting bad shots, they're just not making them[/quote]

I disagree. We are getting nothing inside against a team that it shouldn’t be a problem doing so. Only good looks we are getting are from the 3 line. You can’t rely on the 3 to win games. We need to show something in the post. I’d be more encouraged if the open looks from the arc were coming from penetration but mostly we are just passing it around out top until the defense cant recover on someone. This offense will not win come B10 season.

As I type this we have the ball down low and Ott on the baseline hits a cutting Brooks through the lane for a monster dunk. Thats the kind of stuff we need.

I don’t disagree with you, but the looks they are getting are clear looks. They should be pushing it down low more, though, for sure.

Ott really understand weak side defense… if only he were a few steps quicker, he’d be our best defender I think.

Billy Edwards with a nice bucket after some interesting passes.