PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

UConn

NCAA turns down UConn waiver

The Huskies cheat and don’t go to class, yet the hagiography of Jim Calhoun continues through the media.

Calhoun, Calipari, Boeheim - it’s a joke. The only real penalty in this world is not winning big. You can get away with anything else. Except maybe covering up child sex assaults.

[quote=“tjb, post:1, topic:3076”]NCAA turns down UConn waiver

The Huskies cheat and don’t go to class, yet the hagiography of Jim Calhoun continues through the media.

Calhoun, Calipari, Boeheim - it’s a joke. The only real penalty in this world is not winning big. You can get away with anything else. Except maybe covering up child sex assaults.[/quote]

Oops, forgot that Boeheim is involved in something related to that… but he’s still winning big.

Ever listen to Calhoun speak? I’m not sure what language he is attempting to communicate in. There’s been plenty of dirt in the UCONN program for a long time, but as long as he keeps winning, the fans and the administration will look the other way.

I think that sooner or later, there will be a clash between President Herbst and Calhoun and I don’t think Calhoun will win.

Is not U Conn located close to ESPN headquarters???

Storrs is about 40 miles from Bristol where ESPN is. As I’ve mentioned before, there are lots of Syracuse alums top to bottom at ESPN. The next biggest group is UCONN alums.

I’m actually surprised the NCAA denied the waiver

Nice to see the NCAA actually take a stand, for once. Let’s see what transpires from here on.

I’m kind of surprised they denied the waiver as well. One would think that they would just transfer it from UConn to Central Connecticut State. Isn’t that the modus operandi of the NCAA…a big-time program breaks a rule, so punish a smaller program nearby.

I hope they learn from the O$U mess with the Sugar Bowl last year.

+100

It didn’t even make sense to me why they would try to appeal. No reason for them to go to the NCAAs if their players aren’t close to being serious about their academics.