PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Trey Lewis

Is Lewis hurt or in the doghouse? I believe that he is an important cog now and can be really good in the future. I think (if healthy) he should spell Tim more than he does, but, then again, Glover did a pretty good job after Tim fouled out.

From Chambers’ post-game comments, sounds like he’s in a minor part of the doghouse.

On the pre-game radio show, Chambers said that after the NW game, he scrimmaged the team for two straight days. Instead of splitting the teams into 1st vs. 2nd team guys, he tried to split the teams equally. He let them play and told them that he would play whoever earned their minutes in those scrimmages. He said Collela was one of the guys that earned it. He didn’t say anything about Lewis, but I would assume that that might have something to do with why we haven’t seen Trey much the last two games.

Doghouse

[quote=“cale1510, post:4, topic:2965”]Doghouse

https://twitter.com/lions247/status/156104573671587841[/quote]

That sucks, I really like him and I feel like we could use him. Hope he practices hard and gets back on the court.

[quote="cale1510, post:4, topic:2965"]Doghouse

That sucks, I really like him and I feel like we could use him. Hope he practices hard and gets back on the court.

I don’t see that as being so much of a ‘doghouse’ situation as I do a motivational type situation.

A doghouse would be if he was dogging it in practice and the coach was mad at him. I see it more that Nic beat him out, and that he needs to work HARDER. I guess to some it may be 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. But to me, I see it as the coach saying, “You are going hard, I just want to see you go harder”.

[quote="cale1510, post:4, topic:2965"]Doghouse

On the flipside of this, it says two things to me…

1. Chambers means what he says - play hard and you’ll earn PT.
  2. Look to see Trey in the next game(s) come out and get more PT - hopefully he learns his “lesson” (assuming he didn’t hustle as he should’ve - rather than Collela just out-playing him), and plays hard and within himself @ UNL.

From what I’ve seen and heard from Steve and Dick, Trey hasn’t figured out college defense yet (not uncommon for guys who were offensive stars in HS a year ago) and as soon as he does, he’ll get more PT. Trey, Billy O and Nick C look to be the best bets to develop into the three point threats that every college team needs now, so I hope all three continue to get PT and develop confidence in their 3 pt shots.

He also had a high ankle sprain back in December that may have been aggravated. Who knows.

[quote=“Great Santini, post:8, topic:2965”]From what I’ve seen and heard from Steve and Dick, Trey hasn’t figured out college defense yet (not uncommon for guys who were offensive stars in HS a year ago) and as soon as he does, he’ll get more PT. Trey, Billy O and Nick C look to be the best bets to develop into the three point threats that every college team needs now, so I hope all three continue to get PT and develop confidence in their 3 pt shots.

He also had a high ankle sprain back in December that may have been aggravated. Who knows.[/quote] 3-14 21% from 3. I think he’s just getting some mins (doing a decent job) until Trey is out of the “doghouse” .

[quote="Great Santini, post:8, topic:2965"]From what I've seen and heard from Steve and Dick, Trey hasn't figured out college defense yet (not uncommon for guys who were offensive stars in HS a year ago) and as soon as he does, he'll get more PT. Trey, Billy O and [b]Nick C[/b] look to be the best bets to develop into the three point threats that every college team needs now, so I hope all three continue to get PT and develop confidence in their 3 pt shots.

He also had a high ankle sprain back in December that may have been aggravated. Who knows.[/quote] 3-14 21% from 3. I think he’s just getting some mins (doing a decent job) until Trey is out of the “doghouse” .

I don’t think Nick is hurting us at all being out there. I feel like the production on both offense and defense would be similar to what Trey brings to the table at this point in the season. Sure he made a few mistakes (fouling on a 3 at the end of the half and had a few turnovers), but he fills a role on the team and does it nicely in my opinion

[quote="Great Santini, post:8, topic:2965"]From what I've seen and heard from Steve and Dick, Trey hasn't figured out college defense yet (not uncommon for guys who were offensive stars in HS a year ago) and as soon as he does, he'll get more PT. Trey, Billy O and [b]Nick C[/b] look to be the best bets to develop into the three point threats that every college team needs now, so I hope all three continue to get PT and develop confidence in their 3 pt shots.

I don’t think Nick is hurting us at all being out there. I feel like the production on both offense and defense would be similar to what Trey brings to the table at this point in the season. Sure he made a few mistakes (fouling on a 3 at the end of the half and had a few turnovers), but he fills a role on the team and does it nicely in my opinion

I agree. I was just commenting on him becoming one of our 3 point threats. :wink:

I’m actually pretty excited about this. Not excited that Trey’s not getting PT, but that we currently have a 9 man rotation, and adding Trey back into the mix, that’s 10!

How awesome is THAT for current and future development?!?!?

I totally agree. In the past if we got anyone in foul trouble it was a big deal. Now it only seems that Timmy is the one that folks would go “oh no” to if he got into foul trouble. Then again, with the way Glover handled the position in crunch time the other day, might not be so bad after all.

At a post game interview back in December, one of the asst coaches said that Nick was our best pure shooter. I think we need him to develop into that off the bench three point threat that IU has. He’s still a little tight out there, but once he gets some game confidence, we’ll see if he can knock down threes more consistently. Pat knows what he’s doing.

Must be pretty close between between him and Trey. Coach Daly said Trey was the best pure shooter on the team :o. I think we need a round of knockout to determine the best shooter :wink:

Trey EARNS 15 minutes tonight. Scores 7 with 3 reb’s.

…and maybe an update on Trey?? :smiley:

He has a stress fracture in his back. Probably out a few more weeks.

[quote="Mikey, post:17, topic:2965"]...and maybe an update on Trey?? :D[/quote]

He has a stress fracture in his back. Probably out a few more weeks.

Bummer - thanks Eric.

Any update on Lewis’ back/health? 3 games left in the regular season… Would he be able to take this as a medical redshirt, or has he played in too many games this year?