Trey Lewis Commits

Trey Lewis a 5"10 Point Guard out of Ohio has commited tonight. He’s in the class of 2011.

So you are saying we treyded Trey Burke for Trey Lewis? Interesting. If true, welcome to PSU Mr. Lewis.

Here is the proof,it’s also on his facebook page
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Trey-Lewis-89083

Welcome Trey. Work hard on your game. You’ll be needed next year.

Welcome Trey. It is a good sign to a get commitment this summer and hopefully a few more are coming.

Boy, what are the odds for PSU to have two verbals from point guards from Ohio for the same year that are both named Trey? And more importantly, if you are born in Ohio and your parents named you Trey - does that predestine you to become a good 3-point shooter? I hope so! :smiley:

Welcome, Trey!

This is good news. I feel like Ed’s done fairly well when he gets kids to commit early.

I feel like most kids who decide prior to their senior season do so b/c they want to be at a particular school whereas those who decide in the spring might do so more out of desparation. I know that’s an overstatement but it’s my perception.

From what I’ve found he seems to be in the mold of Talor. Undersized combo guard who scores in bunches. Deep range.

Has anyone found any good articles on him? I can’t find very much on the net.

According to ESPN.com, Trey can play the point but is a natural 2 guard.

Here is a short video of Garfield Heights (includes Trey) that I found: Garfield vs Glenville

• He was #3 in the white jerseys - don’t get to see much, but a couple passes

My guess is that he takes Max Dubois’ number (#1), because that was his number on the All-Ohio team and it’s not being used right now. He averaged 21 points, 7 assists/game as a Junior. That’s all I can find - does anyone else have anything?

On the Glenville bucket in the video, it is hard to see, but I think that Trey ran into his own player and ended up getting burnt on D for an easy layup by the opposing point. I wish we had some more video…

A little bit more info from BSD

Welcome Trey. Hopefully the recruiting services are wrong about you (in a good way).

The recruiting services aren’t “wrong” about him. The no stars rating simply means that they haven’t evaluated him yet.

Ohio has been boon or bust for PSU.

We get this Trey, Danny, and Mel.

…but we also had the other Trey and Edwards.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:14, topic:1286”]Ohio has been boon or bust for PSU.

We get this Trey, Danny, and Mel.[/quote]

And some guy named Cal :smiley:

[quote="noobd, post:12, topic:1286"]Welcome Trey. Hopefully the recruiting services are wrong about you (in a good way).[/quote]

The recruiting services aren’t “wrong” about him. The no stars rating simply means that they haven’t evaluated him yet.

A vast majority of good recruits are evaluated by now. Its not because Rivals and Scout just hasn’t gotten around to it. Not being evaluated says something by itself.