PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Trey Lewis - All Ohio Player of the Year

HUGE props to Lewis for winning the biggest honor of the year in Ohio basketball.

That’s the good news.

The bad news - he had to share it.

The really bad news - the other guy was Trey Burke.

All Ohio

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:2229”]HUGE props to Lewis for winning the biggest honor of the year in Ohio basketball.

That’s the good news.

The bad news - he had to share it.

The really bad news - the other guy was Trey Burke.

All Ohio[/quote]

This friday’s showdown is going to be epic

That’s pretty cool. Wasn’t Cornley the OPOY his senior season?

So is there a difference between the AP All Ohio POTY and the AP Ohio Mr Basketball award?

Congratulations Trey.

Looks like the guard position is set for the next several years.

And the interesting thing is OSU didn’t get either of these kids.

Aaron Craft in their way?

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:6, topic:2229”]And the interesting thing is OSU didn’t get either of these kids.

Aaron Craft in their way?[/quote]

They already have Shannon Scott, a stud PG from Milton High School in GA, locked up in this class. He is a McD AA, and will probably shoot up the rankings when they are re-done.

Congrats to both Treys.

Agreed, and I can’t understand why Lar considers it really bad news that Lewis has to share it Burke. Good for both of them!

Just 'cause we lost him to UM. But congrats to both…hopefully Lewis has the better four years than Burke - but that’s just my inner Nittany Lion speaking…

;D

Awesome. Very excited to see this kid play!

Congratulations Trey, can’t wait to asee you in blue & white.

Congrats to the Treys. I still question why Trey Lewis is still rated a 2 star on Rivals and Scout

Something really strange is going on to be only 2 star still. Would think being co-player of the year in Ohio would be worth a 3 star at minimum. Ohio has a long history of very good basketball players. I do like Ed’s stragety in recruiting Ohio, OSU takes an out of state McD’s AA so he swoops in and goes after the 2 best guards in the state. I wonder if Ed wanted to get both and not just either or…

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:6, topic:2229"]And the interesting thing is OSU didn't get either of these kids.

Aaron Craft in their way?[/quote]

They already have Shannon Scott, a stud PG from Milton High School in GA, locked up in this class. He is a McD AA, and will probably shoot up the rankings when they are re-done.

NICU…thanks. I should know that since he’s from my neck of the woods. Was going to see Milton play this year, but didn’t get the chance. Then again, I’m not a stalker of high school basketball kids like our ole’ friend ‘coyote’. ;D

It would have been nice to have both Trey’s on board…sort of a Talor/Jimmer combo that we’ll never get to see. I’m sure ED wouldn’t have said no to that scenario playing itself out.

Congrats to both Trey’s…a real high honor.

Well you will just have to settle for Trey/Tre backcourt possibility instead of Trey/Trey/Tre. :wink:

Sounds like the name of a bad 80s group or a character on In Living Color

Can’t answer that but the AP Ohio Mr Basketball award is announced this Wed and both Treys are in the running

I think Bill Edwards may have been as well.

That's pretty cool. Wasn't Cornley the OPOY his senior season?

I think Bill Edwards may have been as well.

It seems there are a bunch of awards given. Cornley and Edwards were both named Div I player of the year by the Ohio High School Coaches Association. Sullinger was Div I and Craft was Div III player of the year last year. Nothing is posted yet for this year.

http://ohiobkcoaches.com/award/boys-player-of-the-year/

Didn’t find past AP players of the year.

Apparently there are two Mr. Basketball awards. The AP and the OHSBCA. Cornley won the latter year and OJ Mayo won the AP award his junior and senior years. Edwards did not win either award.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Mr._Basketball