Trey Burke to Oak Hill

According to his facebook,take it for what it’s worth

Good for him. Get’s him another year of top flight competition.

And good for us if he signs his LOI on April 14, and doesn’t hesitate.

you mean in November

The longer he is away from signing a LOI…the more I will worry.

I agree with this. I know of at least one kid who changed his school 2 or 3 times once going there. But as early signing period is before season starts, should be okay. And I’m sure his dad has advised him on both PSU and Oak Hill. Will be not only top comp and heavy schedule. Gotta be 30-40 games.

[quote="tundra, post:5, topic:1056"]The longer he is away from signing a LOI..........the more I will worry.[/quote]

I agree with this. I know of at least one kid who changed his school 2 or 3 times once going there. But as early signing period is before season starts, should be okay. And I’m sure his dad has advised him on both PSU and Oak Hill. Will be not only top comp and heavy schedule. Gotta be 30-40 games.

I don’t think an LOI is valid if signed in his senior HS year THEN the kids goes to Prep school. Not totally sure.

[quote="tundra, post:5, topic:1056"]The longer he is away from signing a LOI..........the more I will worry.[/quote]

I don’t think an LOI is valid if signed in his senior HS year THEN the kids goes to Prep school. Not totally sure.

Doesn’t change his year or signing schedule. He’s still eligible to sign in November. IMO, kids usually prep cause of grades, sometimes after verballing, to qualify for the school that wants them. Doesn’t seem to be the case with PSU, so kind of odd that after committing he preps. This isn’t really prepping out of necessity. And as it’s expensive, so kind of unusual. Maybe because his two star teammates are leaving, they felt he needed to go elsewhere.

One, that’s not exactly correct.
Two, that’s not the case here anyway.

I don’t understand. Is he going to OakHill next year…or…after his senior year in HS?

What would the LOI rules be in each case?

He’s not going to Oak Hill.

[quote=“tundra, post:10, topic:1056”]I don’t understand. Is he going to OakHill next year…or…after his senior year in HS?

What would the LOI rules be in each case? [/quote]

Just to answer your question, even though it’s not really applicable.

Going to a prep school for your senior year has no effect on your LOI.

Going to a prep school for post-graduate work also has no effect on your LOI. However, having said that, the REASON for going might.

A letter of intent becomes null and void if a kid isn’t admitted to the school to which he’s committed. A lot of kids who go to prep schools are in that exact circumstances. They have to get their grades up to get qualified and admitted. So it’s this failure to get admitted that voids the LOI not the actual going to the prep school.

[quote=“tundra, post:10, topic:1056”]I don’t understand. Is he going to OakHill next year…or…after his senior year in HS?

What would the LOI rules be in each case? [/quote]

djones made it moot, and glad he did. Didn’t make much sense. But, to answer, he was just going his senior year. He wasn’t going to change attendance for the 2011 PSU season. That’s why it was odd. There was no necessity. Some kids verbal, and then helped going to prep school to meet academic requirements set either by the NCAA or tougher ones set by schools. Interesting is that SAT’s aren’t considered if you get a 90 GPA in schools. So, a failing public HS student preps and voila, they get a 90 GPA. Go figure. Then there’s the kids who get passed along with good grades in public HS through social promotion, who bomb the SAT’s, then either prep, or like Derrick Rose, have someone else take their SAT’s for them. Boy, I’m glad UK is out of this tourney.

Turns out that Burke was pulling a fake transfer status…smh.

NGameday, I appreciate your postings here… but you always seem to be stirring things up by posting a lot of unfounded rumors and gossip, I think its best for you to double-check your sources before you post them( i.e Taran Buie rumors). part of the reason I love this board so much, is because the posters here bring factual and accurate information to this board. Unlike BWI.

^In this case, the source was Burke himself. Ngameday stated that, and said to take the information for what it is – an update on his facebook. Did you also email Trey and tell him to stop making jokes?

Fair enough, but as I’ve said many times because Buie isnt opting out of his LOI doesn’t mean he didn’t want to. All therealtruth ever said was that he wasn’t opting out, not that he didn’t want to. I’ve also said more than once that I should have looked into it more before I posted it.

As far as Burke, it was posted by him, I didn’t do anything other than post what he said, and then updated it as information was found.

I suppose we can blame the BYU thing on me to when that falls through.

I do understand your frustration though.

[quote="ezcheez, post:15, topic:1056"]NGameday, I appreciate your postings here... but you always seem to be stirring things up by posting a lot of unfounded rumors and gossip, I think its best for you to double-check your sources before you post them( i.e Taran Buie rumors). part of the reason I love this board so much, is because the posters here bring factual and accurate information to this board. Unlike BWI.[/quote]

Fair enough, but as I’ve said many times because Buie isnt opting out of his LOI doesn’t mean he didn’t want to. All therealtruth ever said was that he wasn’t opting out, not that he didn’t want to. I’ve also said more than once that I should have looked into it more before I posted it.

As far as Burke, it was posted by him, I didn’t do anything other than post what he said, and then updated it as information was found.

I suppose we can blame the BYU thing on me to when that falls through.

I do understand your frustration though.

No Biggie, your info and postings are usually very solid.

Hey as far as kids rethinking decisions I don’t hold it against him or anybody else. Hell basically he’s going to a job for the next 4 or 5 years. I have had numerous jobs and always second guess my decisions after I make them either turning down or accepting the job. This is a big decision these kids make and I wouldn’t expect them to make the decision on a whim. It’s good and healthy for them to second guess themselves.

It’s getting closer to April Fools Day. Don’t get sucked in. :-[