Trey Burke Article from BWI

I believe it is a free article. It sounds like he is still committed to us, but I would definitely call him a soft commit. Enjoy the readhttp://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1076572

Smart kid.

Doesn’t sound soft to me if he is recruiting guys like Hubert.

[quote=“Donkey, post:1, topic:1125”]I believe it is a free article. It sounds like he is still committed to us, but I would definitely call him a soft commit. Enjoy the readhttp://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1076572[/quote]Can’t get the LOI soon enough. :-\

The reason I call him soft is that he is still taking calls from coaches, and at this point, he is not planning on waiting till the late signing period next year to sign his LOI. I sure hope we get him, but I fear this is going to be a long year waiting for his signing.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I for one find his quotes very reassuring that he’s in it for the long hall. IMO Trey is underrated by the major services after this past season’s performance and can’t wait 'til we get him signed.

He has that Battle/Buie swagger. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how some of you guys are reading this and feeling like he’s a done deal. He repeatedly said he’s still reading mail, his Dad is talking to coaches, and he’s still “open” (his words).

I read it like he’s a heavy lean but I don’t feel reassured or confident that he’s positive PSU is the place for him.

[quote=“LPcreation, post:7, topic:1125”]I’m not sure how some of you guys are reading this and feeling like he’s a done deal. He repeatedly said he’s still reading mail, his Dad is talking to coaches, and he’s still “open” (his words).

I read it like he’s a heavy lean but I don’t feel reassured or confident that he’s positive PSU is the place for him.[/quote]

If OSU didn’t have a PG committed right now I’d be worried but as it stands he’s always indicated his desire to play for a program that uses a PG like we do. As it stands I’m sure he’s feeling a vested interest helping us recruit in addition to playing AAU with a future teammate.

[quote=“LPcreation, post:7, topic:1125”]I’m not sure how some of you guys are reading this and feeling like he’s a done deal. He repeatedly said he’s still reading mail, his Dad is talking to coaches, and he’s still “open” (his words).

I read it like he’s a heavy lean but I don’t feel reassured or confident that he’s positive PSU is the place for him.[/quote]
I agree, also felt like he was looking for Ed to ask him about the early signing period? Surprised that inquiry from PSU has not taken place and think it needs take place.
My speculation is that he is providing some definite signs that his committment is very soft, and he may be just giving the early signs of “letting us down easy.”

“I’m still getting interest in the mail. My dad is still talking to other colleges,” he said. “But right now, I’m still committed to Penn State. I’m still open, but right now that’s just the best school for me.”

That part of the article stood out the most to me.

Agreed. Let’s face it. His stock’s been rising. If OSU calls, it’ll be tough, as his two teammates are going there.

Let’s face it if Ed is cut loose next year, Trey will move on unless someone from the staff is named to replace him and if that happened all hell would break loose. I really like that Trey and Peter are going to play AAU together.

…and you know this for a fact?

The only way Coach D will be cut loose is if we have a terrible season. If we have another terrible season, I think Trey might move on, regardless of who the coach is.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:12, topic:1125"]Let's face it if Ed is cut loose next year, Trey will move on unless someone from the staff is named to replace him and if that happened all hell would break loose. I really like that Trey and Peter are going to play AAU together.[/quote]

…and you know this for a fact?

Which part? Ed getting cut loose? I would think another tank of a season won’t be able to save him, but I don’t know. Trey leaving if Ed is fired? I have no idea. A member of the staff being hired if Ed is fired? I think the only one that would be palatable would be Dan Earl, but I think even that would make the most positive of us revolt. It was all speculation on my part, but probably a pretty good guess if we don’t have a fairly good season next year.