PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Tre Bowman

You really don’t know?

I have no clue why we're talking about what his twitter bio says...

You really don’t know?

I don’t see why it matters

This suggests Bowman is only suspended for the summer

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci_18384208?source=most_viewed

Though his dad thinks it’s through the fall

http://www.ydr.com/sports/ci_18385287

To me, it sounds like for now the suspension is planned until January. However, he might be able to earn his way back earlier if he meets or exceeds the specifications that Coach Chambers gives him.

This has me puzzled. How exactly can he prove that he’s righted his ship in whatever way(s) are required from York? I guess he could take some classes at PSU-York, but if he’s taking classes then why not do it at UP with the rest of the team? If it is behavioral then what verification of his improvement is possible from 120 miles away?

If I’m the new coach and there is an issue with a current player I’d want him on campus and checking in with the coaches and academic advisors on a regular basis. If something goes wrong over the summer then you cut him loose. That said, I hope this is just a minor bump in the road for Tre and he comes back in the fall ready to win a starting spot.

That’s the understanding I had

Not to me.

To me, it sounds like Coach Chambers and Brian Siegrist are playing us along, changing their stories left and right. :wink:

[quote="blue2blue, post:24, topic:2528"]To me, it sounds like for now the suspension is planned until January. However, he might be able to earn his way back earlier if he meets or exceeds the specifications that Coach Chambers gives him.[/quote]

Not to me.

To me, it sounds like Coach Chambers and Brian Siegrist are playing us along, changing their stories left and right. :wink:

Lar, what you lack in originality and humor, you make up for in … ummm… …I don’t know, statistics or something. :wink:

"He will not be here this summer but we are expecting him to be back in the fall and he will have a chance to earn his way back on the roster this fall," Siegrist said.

Bowman’s removal from the roster came after he met recently with new head coach Patrick Chambers.

“(Bowman) and coach (Chambers) have talked and set some objectives out for (Bowman) to achieve and the coaching staff will evaluate his progress this fall,” Siegrist said.

I take it to mean that he will not be in State College this summer, and his return is dependent upon what happens in this coming sememster.

I don’t know where “January” came in, perhaps it was an assumption, meaning “not this semester”. At any rate, if it is academic, you would assume that the ‘objectives’ would be met or not on the week of Dec 12, when they have their finals. That may be the time of his return, which would mean that he would only miss about 5-6 games ?

Pretty sure he’ll be back in school in the fall, and would be suspended until January

maybe he could go to hofstra.

Not Funny

On a separate matter, good news on Hofstra. Some interesting talent lining up there.

IDK. Just from looking at their recent commits (not counting Buie) they really don’t seem to have great ratings plus the recruits coming in this season and last season are actually much worse than other programs in their conference. What might have been very attractive to Taran is that there is a great chance he could be a starter as soon as he is able to play. I think they are in for a rough season, especially since they lost Jenkins.

Didn’t mean it to be funny. Just figured they’re friends because they’re together a lot. And now with Tre suspended it’s only a matter of time until Chambers uses his next mistake as a reason to run him off.

Or did you mean not funny because you think Tre is a bad influence on Taran.