PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Tre Bowman

Do we have any confirmation of Bowman’s status? It is VERY unusual to be unable to confirm whether a player is still with the team or not. There is usually no shortage of fathers talking, players tweeting, Athletic Departments issuing party line statements, etc…But here, it seems like he just disappeared as though he never existed, or did I miss something??

He didn’t appear on the roster - big deal. Not reading tweets about it is nothing - as Trey Lewis tweeted, they are trying to discontinue the use of Twitter by players. Maybe he’s not with the team, but I wouldn’t worry or think otherwise unless if something comes out specifically stating otherwise. We have all seen throughout the years how meticulous and accurate gopsusports.com is with the MBB program.

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2011/06/tre_bowman_off_psu_roster_unti.html

Thanks, DJ.

danggg ittttt. Am i the only person who thinks this kid has a lot of potential? He’s so athletic and he’s got a pretty good 3 point shot.

I agree he’s got potential. He was rusty at first as all freshman are but he was very agressive which I liked. Tough news

[quote="PSUstjBALL1, post:4, topic:2528"]danggg ittttt. Am i the only person who thinks this kid has a lot of potential? He's so athletic and he's got a pretty good 3 point shot.[/quote]

I agree he’s got potential. He was rusty at first as all freshman are but he was very agressive which I liked. Tough news

Not the worst news. Seeing his name missing from the roster, I thought he was gone altogether. Hopefully he gets his head right and can be a productive player for us.

Good to see that Chambers has expectations for his players academically and off the court. Tre was never officially “suspended” but you could tell he was in the dog house a bit in the second half of the season. We will just have to wait to see if Tre sets up to the coaches expectations.

Does anyone know if he’s on campus? If he’s not on campus you have to think that he’s not coming back. It’s hard to get your grades up if you aren’t taking classes.

He’s a regular nigga. came from nothin n tryin make somethin of himself.

Hopefully he takes the whole year off and redshirts, takes the time to tune up the academics. If he’s off the team, that means he’s not participating in the practices, right?

[quote=“Skeeza, post:9, topic:2528”]He’s a regular nigga. came from nothin n tryin make somethin of himself.
Hopefully he takes the whole year off and redshirts, takes the time to tune up the academics. If he’s off the team, that means he’s not participating in the practices, right?[/quote]
:o

[quote="Skeeza, post:9, topic:2528"][b]He's a regular nigga. came from nothin n tryin make somethin of himself.[/b] Hopefully he takes the whole year off and redshirts, takes the time to tune up the academics. If he's off the team, that means he's not participating in the practices, right?[/quote] :o

That’s what he states on his profile.

[quote="Skeeza, post:9, topic:2528"][b]He's a regular nigga. came from nothin n tryin make somethin of himself.[/b] Hopefully he takes the whole year off and redshirts, takes the time to tune up the academics. If he's off the team, that means he's not participating in the practices, right?[/quote] :o

If Skeeza is referencing his profile, okay. But he probably should have mentioned that. A lot of us don’t know what his profile says.

Got ya. How does that all tie in w/ Success w/ Honor?

My favorite thing I read from about a Penn State athlete this year was the BWI piece on Brandon Ware. After years of struggling with grades and weight Brandon discussed with the good folks at BWI how much time (a lot) he spends playing video games.

If Skeeza is referencing his profile, okay. But he probably should have mentioned that. A lot of us don’t know what his profile says.

I did it for that effect. Perhaps this is part of the Twitter ban. This isn’t something shared between him and his boys, this is something that he is putting out there for the entire public to see…

Tre’ Bowman@trigz_YNC_21

a regular nigga.came from nothin n tryin make somethin of myself. hard work pays off They say anything is possible, u gotta dream like u never seen obstacles

I did it for that effect. Perhaps this is part of the Twitter ban. This isn’t something shared between him and his boys, this is something that he is putting out there for the entire public to see…

Tre’ Bowman@trigz_YNC_21

a regular nigga.came from nothin n tryin make somethin of myself. hard work pays off They say anything is possible, u gotta dream like u never seen obstacles
Well, if you look at it from an academia perspective, it could use some grammar and spelling. However, I don't see anything really wrong about it. He probably grew up in a different culture than you did, nothing wrong with recognizing that you started with nothing, earned a scholly, and am working on becoming someone.

:smiley:

I think he and Skeeza are from the same neck of the woods.

Well, apparently the ‘regular nigga’ isn’t working hard enough.

PS - Can we now use that as regular lingo here at PSH.com?

:wink:

Skeeza thank you for finally quoting it. That word is sensitive to me and I would appreciate it if that word wouldn’t be used regularly on the forum.

And the suspension to Bowman kinda explains why he was off the roster. I just thought a mistake was made by leaving him off the roster.

I have no clue why we’re talking about what his twitter bio says…

I’m encouraged by this. Good to see PC doing this early on so that the guys are all clear on what he wants to see from them off the court.