PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Transfer day - Soccer fans only

Today is the final day for transfers (trades-sells) in the English Premier League and many other European leagues.
BIG sport day if you have an interest in a team or the league.
I’m a Red (Liverpool) fan… Coach Roy is saying he wants a striker…

Here’s a link with all the moves

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/transfers/transfer?leagueId=0&cc=5901&gg

and a live blog with constant updates

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=819462&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Who does everyone support? Besides Tundra since he already said it…

Tottenham fan here :slight_smile:

I don’t really have a team in England, but if I had to pick it’d be Fulham.

I’m a Bayern Munich fan first and foremost. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1323”]I don’t really have a team in England, but if I had to pick it’d be Fulham.

I’m a Bayern Munich fan first and foremost. :)[/quote]

Bayern is my favorite non Premier team. I saw several of their Champions League games last year. They were wonderful. They should be a powerhouse this season also! Good luck this season!

referencing Liverpool…Unless something is announced after the fact…NO noteworthy transfers…The promise of SPENDING the money raised in sales is gone.
“Snookered again” by the ownership. Counting the days until a ownership change…fingered crossed…
The Collapse of one of the most storied of the world’s sport programs is being lead by 2 Americans. Talk about the “bad rep” these two are giving to a world wide audience.

Spurs might have reached an agreement with Van Der Vaart… would be a huge signing if its true.

Noobd, Good luck to the Spurs. There 4th place last year was great. I like Crouch!!
Van Der Vaart sound like a good signing!!

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1323"]I don't really have a team in England, but if I had to pick it'd be Fulham.

Bayern is my favorite non Premier team. I saw several of their Champions League games last year. They were wonderful. They should be a powerhouse this season also! Good luck this season!

They’ve looked terrible so far, actually.

Got a 90th minute goal to break a tie in the first week, and were defeated 0-2 last week to a team that will finish in the bottom of the league. But the entire top of the Bundesliga has looked a little suspect so far this season, not time to panic quite yet.

Plus Munich got a great champions league group draw.

ESPN is the first outlet I’ve seen that says the deal is going to happen: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=819632&sec=transfers&cc=5901

We’ll see.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1323"]I don't really have a team in England, but if I had to pick it'd be Fulham.

They’ve looked terrible so far, actually.

Got a 90th minute goal to break a tie in the first week, and were defeated 0-2 last week to a team that will finish in the bottom of the league. But the entire top of the Bundesliga has looked a little suspect so far this season, not time to panic quite yet.

Plus Munich got a great champions league group draw.

Maybe a little of “World Cup burnout!” On paper they look very strong!

Man U baby!!! – just because that was the first soccer team I was aware existed.

Do they have to sit out a year after transferring? :slight_smile:

Not if you transfer “closer to home.” ::slight_smile:

Still waiting on the ruling…Good luck.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6352239,00.html

I was really hoping for Landon to make a permament move to Europe. The exposure that he’d bring (and development of his game) in Europe to me greatly outweighs what he’s doing for the MLS today.

agree.

Think Landon is getting pretty old to really develop much more. He’s already a world class player, and I don’t think anymore time in Europe is really necessary for him to get more exposure - he’s probably the most well known american soccer player ever.

Not that it wouldn’t be cool to see him playing for a top flight club in Europe, but it’s much more likely he’d be playing for a cellar-dweller and getting even less exposure than he gets playing LA. But like i said, he has nothing left to prove on the world stage, he’s known all over the world as it is and now is the part of his career where he should start playing where he wants, rather than where his career might determine is best for him. Hell, LA might be the answer to both of those anyhow.

VDV deal official: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/van-der-vaart-deal-confirmed-010910.html

What a steal.

Great get by the Spurs. May have to break out my shirt and wear it!