Tracking the Commitments

Is anyone planning on going to this? It’s great seeing all of those “Penn State’s” listed on the roster! ;D

[b]Here are the rosters of Sunday’s Philly vs. New York All-City Classic. The event begins on Saturday at 5 p.m. at:

Ben Franklin High School
550 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia PA 19130

2016 Game
Philadelphia
Nazeer Bostick (SF/Roman Catholic)–Penn State
Charlie Brown (SF/St. Thomas More)–Saint Joseph’s
Tony Carr (PG/Roman Catholic)–Penn State
Devon Goodman (PG/Germantown Academy)–Penn
DeAndre Hunter (SF/Friends’ Central)–Virginia
LaPri McCray-Pace (SG/Conwell-Egan)
Stevie Jordan (PG/Advanced Prep Intl.)–Rider
Paul Newman (PF/Roman Catholic)
Josh Sharkey (PG/Archbishop Carroll)–Samford
Lamar Stevens (SF/Roman Catholic)–Penn State

New York
Bryan Assie (F/Thurgood Marshall)
Caheim Brown (G/Abraham Lincoln)
Jamal Brown (F/Wings Academy)
Rasheem Dunn (G/Thomas Jefferson)
Andrew Garcia (SG/Master School)
Ty Jerome (PG/Iona Prep)–VIrginia
Unique McLean (SG/Hoosac School)–UMass
Shamorie Ponds (PG/Thomas Jefferson)–St. John’s
Dimencio Vaughn (SG/Master School)
Christian Vital (SG/St. Thomas More)–UNLV
Aaron Walker (PG/Cardozo)[/b]

I will be 20 minutes away from there but have a commitment until 630. Anyone know what time the 2016 class plays? I can’t locate the schedule.

hawkhillhardwood (@HHHardwood)

10/10/15, 8:57 PM
Tony Carr, Nazeer Bostick, and Lamar Stevens (in a walking boot) all sitting out for Philly. Probably one or two unhappy Penn St fans here.

Joe Hampton just posted on his Instagram that he tore his ACL and is out for the year. Bummer…

Ugh… That sucks. Let’s hope for a full and speedy recovery.

As soon as Lamar committed, my first thought was (about all of them) “now stay healthy!”

Hope Joe gets A1 care and rehab. Amazing how athletes recover from this injury these days, but a ton of work ahead to do so.

[html]

Unfortunately I will be missing this season … Due to a torn ACL​:triumph: but this won’t stop me​:100:I’m still on a mission​:exclamation:️got #GoodVibesOnly… :pray:t5::pray:t5:

A photo posted by Young Joseph :smirk: (@jmmh_25) on Oct 15, 2015 at 5:31pm PDT

[/html]

Is it too early for him to receive Penn State medical care for the injury? I remember Jermaine Marshall tearing his ACL in his senior year of HS and getting medical care from the Penn State doctors.

[quote=“tjb, post:1346, topic:506”]As soon as Lamar committed, my first thought was (about all of them) “now stay healthy!”

Hope Joe gets A1 care and rehab. Amazing how athletes recover from this injury these days, but a ton of work ahead to do so.[/quote]

I figured something had to go wrong at some point. Too many things in a row had gone right for PSU. Then I see Stevens in a boot and now this. We need a positive vibes thread for the health of our recruits.

[quote="ncy1989, post:1344, topic:506"]Joe Hampton just posted on his Instagram that he tore his ACL and is out for the year. Bummer...[/quote]

Is it too early for him to receive Penn State medical care for the injury? I remember Jermaine Marshall tearing his ACL in his senior year of HS and getting medical care from the Penn State doctors.

I don’t think Marshall got care via PSU, per se, just he used the same doctors the basketball program uses.

Get well soon Joe!

[quote="ncy1989, post:1344, topic:506"]Joe Hampton just posted on his Instagram that he tore his ACL and is out for the year. Bummer...[/quote]

I don’t think Marshall got care via PSU, per se, just he used the same doctors the basketball program uses.

I think that’s correct. Given that Marshall was from the Harrisburg area, it’s quite possible that the Hershey Med crew were in-network docs.

My sense with insurance I’ve had was that it was still possible to get out-of-network care if you needed it - it just wasn’t an automatic approval. Hope all these kids in high school with athletics futures can get to the best doctors.

Big day for Chambers & Co. The early signing period begins today.

Hold your horses. It begins Wednesday, not today. We don’t need a bunch of people coming on here all worried because they have seen any announcement of letters being signed.

Oops, read the tweet wrong. The dead period begins today leading up to the beginning of the signing period on Wednesday.

‘Really athletic’ Penn State hoops commit Nazeer Bostick says he once dunked on a 6-foot-9 policeman

Wow …a series on the recruits coming. That’s part 1.

You can bet that the coaches are loving that series.

Roman Catholic forward Lamar Stevens wants to ‘make history’ at Penn State