Tracking the Commitments

I don’t see the point of creating new threads every time a kid plays a game, so I plan to keep track of our 3 commitments here since the HS season is getting underway. Feel free to contribute, just please keep the off-the-court rumblings outta here.

Trey Burke led #4 Columbus Northland against Brookhaven (Jamelle’s old school), with 21 points and 7 steals as Northland won their first game of the year, 69-43. Their next game is against #1 Findlay Prep and it will be on ESPN tomorrow at 7 PM.

Buie scored 30 to lead the Little Lions to a 70-65 OT win over Indiana.

Alexis has scored 22 and 15 respectively in Holy Redeemer’s first two wins of the year.

Recruiting

Thanks. I just hit the “record” button.

I’m excited to see Burke play tonight, he looked very impressive on the Youtube videos that were posted back when he verballed. Nice line in the Brookhaven game too…also had 6 assists and only 2 TOs.

As noted elsewhere, Trey Burke had 10 points, 7 assists, and 2 steals in Northland’s big win over Findlay Prep.

Also, Peter Alexis had a game-high 26 points, 13 in the final 8 minutes to lead Holy Redeemer to a 48-39 win over Holy Cross.

No hangover for Northland against Centennial as they win 95-49. Trey Burke with 20 points and 8 assists.

Holy Redeemer got whooped 48-26 against Abington Heights yesterday. Alexis had 16 points and 8 rebounds.

Alexis was 2 blocks away from a triple double yesterday (16 pts, 10 rebounds, 8 blocks) as Holy Redeemer won 54-50 in overtime against Freedom.

Alexis goes for 32!

http://www.citizensvoice.com/sports/royals-ride-32-points-from-alexis-1.508341

What level of competition is Alexis playing in?

Not particularly any good.

[quote="pennstateno1, post:9, topic:506"]What level of competition is Alexis playing in?[/quote]

Not particularly any good.

I wouldn’t say horrible but there are no other big guys anywhere close to him.

PA residents will be much more aware of the quality of competition Taran Buie will face this year, but in NYS, he faced quite a few major DI players, some likely to make the pros, e.g.

HS season, playoffs and HS OOC games.
'07/08 - Kevin Jones, WVU; Mike Coburn, Rutgers; Sherrod Wright, George Mason; Jordan Stevens, Holy Cross; Brett Marfurt, Colgate
Pascale, Colgate; Brandon Triche, Syracuse; Ben Cronin, Michigan; Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati;Lance Stephenson, Cincinnati; Padgett, Maryland, Kemba Walker, UConn; Durand Scott, Miami; Chris Fouch, Drexel.

AAU
’09- as Maginn didn’t make states, didn’t meet top talent in HS playoffs, but AAU opponents had kids off to Duke, Hairston; Pitt, Epps, and on and on. Of course some of his teammates, Regan, UVA; Harris, Tennessee; Tsafack, Memphis, had him with top players. I only saw 1 AAU tourney in person, then that 1 game on TV.

Saw most of his HS opponents multiple times. He’s right with them talent wise, better than some.

He should be ready to go next year at PSU, able to step right in, IMO.

Went to see Holy Redeemer tonight. Was kind of disappointed though. Peter Alexis got into foul trouble in 1st qtr and sat most of the 2nd qtr. Then he picked up 2 more quick ones in the 3rd and sat until the 4 minute mark of the 4th. All in all he had a pretty good night (11 points, 7 or 8 boards, 2 blocks and 3 of 3 FT’s).

From what I saw tonight, he has a nice touch around the rim. Very nice rotation on his FT’s, they don’t go up flat with no rotation like Shaq. It’s hard to tell after tonight how he battles for Boards since the tallest guy on Pittston was about 6 inches shorter. But he did get every board he tried for. Oh, and he has really good hands, except for the one bobble he had he caught everything else close. Pittston basically tried to take him out of the game though and let the other guys beat them. They doubled him most of the game while he was in.

Probably going to go to the game Wednesday, will keep you guys posted.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:13, topic:506”]Went to see Holy Redeemer tonight. Was kind of disappointed though. Peter Alexis got into foul trouble in 1st qtr and sat most of the 2nd qtr. Then he picked up 2 more quick ones in the 3rd and sat until the 4 minute mark of the 4th. All in all he had a pretty good night (11 points, 7 or 8 boards, 2 blocks and 3 of 3 FT’s).

From what I saw tonight, he has a nice touch around the rim. Very nice rotation on his FT’s, they don’t go up flat with no rotation like Shaq. It’s hard to tell after tonight how he battles for Boards since the tallest guy on Pittston was about 6 inches shorter. But he did get every board he tried for. Oh, and he has really good hands, except for the one bobble he had he caught everything else close. Pittston basically tried to take him out of the game though and let the other guys beat them. They doubled him most of the game while he was in.

Probably going to go to the game Wednesday, will keep you guys posted.[/quote]

Too bad he got in foul trouble, thanks for the report. I would think he would be unlikely to run into someone as big until he gets to college.

Here is the official writeup from the Times Leader. I will have to go to the game Wednesday, Peter is playing my old HS Hanover Area in the final.

http://www.timesleader.com/sports/Royals__Hawkeyes_advance__to_final_12-29-2009.html

I might be going to the State High game tonight and then run back quick for our game so I’ll let you know what I saw in person if I go

Just got back from the State High game, Taran had 30, I’ve got more to say and videos to share but that can wait til halftime. I think I saw Uncle Lar there too

Did SCHS win?

[quote="NGameday, post:17, topic:506"]Just got back from the State High game, Taran had 30, I've got more to say and videos to share but that can wait til halftime. I think I saw Uncle Lar there too[/quote]

Did SCHS win?

Yep! They were down 13 and won by 77-56

Taran might be the quietest big time player I have seen. He doesn’t overwhelm you with his play, but then you check the box score and find out he went for 30. He plays very unselfishly. Three points I’ll make about his play. He needs to develop his outside shot because in college he’ll need to be a threat from out there so that he can drive the ball. He seemed to lose his focus or interest at times, and I’d like to see him work harder on the defensive end. Overall he has a very nice game. Very athletic. Can jump out of the gym. Has a decent handle. Sees the court well and passes the ball well. He’s strong on the ball and is mature physically.