PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Top NCAA Point/Combo Guards ranked by Gary Parrish

…Battle ranks 17th. McCamey (14th) and Lucas (8th) ahead…article below:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14160478/top-pointcombo-guards-pullen-and-his-beard-rank-no-1

Waiting for Kid’s reaction…

Battle was also included as “30 other players under consideration” for All American teams by Parrish

Talor is the fastest guy on that list, with the best range by far. He also out-rebounds all of them and does all of this with the least amount of help around him.

Jimmer is good. I saw him play twice in person in high school, but he’s too slow and his handle is weak. Pullen ripped it from him on two separate occasions last year, and I saw it in person also.

And Lucas - well, Battle outplayed him everytime they see each other - so there’s no question who’s better there. That’s gospel at this point.

I will never understand why Lucas always gets the nod ahead of Talor. I get the whole…MSU> than PSU thing…but…come on

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1409”]Talor is the fastest guy on that list, with the best range by far. He also out-rebounds all of them and does all of this with the least amount of help around him.

Jimmer is good. I saw him play twice in person in high school, but he’s too slow and his handle is weak. Pullen ripped it from him on two separate occasions last year, and I saw it in person also.

And Lucas - well, Battle outplayed him everytime they see each other - so there’s no question who’s better there. That’s gospel at this point.[/quote]

Kid, did you change your moniker?

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1409”]Talor is the fastest guy on that list, with the best range by far. He also out-rebounds all of them and does all of this with the least amount of help around him.

And Lucas - well, Battle outplayed him everytime they see each other - so there’s no question who’s better there. That’s gospel at this point.[/quote]

If I say it once, I’ll say it 1000 times (which I think I have). “If Battle were on MSU and Lucas on PSU”, Talor would be top five or six on that list with the VaTech kid and Lucas would be down around 15-20. It’s just a matter of surroundings for a lot of these top talents.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1409"]Talor is the fastest guy on that list, with the best range by far. He also out-rebounds all of them and does all of this with the least amount of help around him.

Kid, did you change your moniker?

Glad someone was paying attention. :wink:

Talor is the fastest guy on that list, with the best range by far. He also out-rebounds all of them and does all of this with the least amount of help around him.

And Lucas - well, Battle outplayed him everytime they see each other - so there’s no question who’s better there. That’s gospel at this point.

If I say it once, I’ll say it 1000 times (which I think I have). “If Battle were on MSU and Lucas on PSU”, Talor would be top five or six on that list with the VaTech kid and Lucas would be down around 15-20. It’s just a matter of surroundings for a lot of these top talents.

While my post you quoted was entirely mocking in nature, this response is not. I don’t agree. Surely it happens sometimes, but this ain’t 1985 - most of us who follow the game closely have seen all these guys on the list play multiple times… this isn’t a completely uneducated shot in the dark based purely on who plays on the best teams.

For every guy like Talor who gets to shine as the (by far) #1 option on his team, there are guys playing on great teams who don’t get more than a handful of opportunities per game that are really being overlooked. Nobody is overlooking the abilities of a guy at the top of a conference in scoring, in any conference, let alone the big 10. But there are too many moving pieces and system specific variables to just say swapping players would yield these results. And too many TRULY undervalued guys out there to be feeling sorry for the ranking of kids who get to shoot as often as they wish every night.

Talor is ranked by almost everyone, right where he deserves to be. That’s not a knock, he’s a great player and I’m glad he’s with us. But he is what he is, and I think some people have trouble admitting his flaws.

I was at the upstate NY ice cream making competition in 2008. Buie made strawberry swirl, Ben n Jerry had some kinda mocha-nut thing. Buie’s ice cream was much creamier. Ingredients were fresher IMO. Not even close. Don’t know why BnJ gets so much pub.

Went to the Maginn playoffs game against Lance Stephenson’s team. Maginn’s bus was much more beat up, looked like it liked to mix it up, not afraid of contact. Don’t know why NYC has the reputation of bad traffic. It’s because they never saw the Maginn bus. I did. You go to Buffalo, you will leave with a dent.

You think Minnesota is cold? I was at a game in Vermont. Coldest place on earth. There was a polar bear in the parking lot with nasal drip. I heard Kevin McHale was attacked by a polar bear before a college game in Syracuse. This one was bigger, had a quicker first step.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1409"]Talor is the fastest guy on that list, with the best range by far. He also out-rebounds all of them and does all of this with the least amount of help around him.

I was at the upstate NY ice cream making competition in 2008. Buie made strawberry swirl, Ben n Jerry had some kinda mocha-nut thing. Buie’s ice cream was much creamier. Ingredients were fresher IMO. Not even close. Don’t know why BnJ gets so much pub.

Went to the Maginn playoffs game against Lance Stephenson’s team. Maginn’s bus was much more beat up, looked like it liked to mix it up, not afraid of contact. Don’t know why NYC has the reputation of bad traffic. It’s because they never saw the Maginn bus. I did. You go to Buffalo, you will leave with a dent.

You think Minnesota is cold? I was at a game in Vermont. Coldest place on earth. There was a polar bear in the parking lot with nasal drip. I heard Kevin McHale was attacked by a polar bear before a college game in Syracuse. This one was bigger, had a quicker first step.

I’m not sure why I can’t stop laughing at this post. This is some great comedy.

That is pretty good. ;D

Spot on, only missing a quote from Pete Newell. Otherwise flawless execution. :slight_smile:

I wasn’t expecting the humor when I started the thread but thoroughly enjoying the sarcasm. :wink:

:smiley: :smiley:

A. Would’ve been an A+ had you inserted a Puhlease or a NFW.

I’m not sure why I can’t stop laughing at this post. This is some great comedy.

I still can’t stop laughing at this. The polar bear with the nasal drip and the quicker first step is just too much.

Well done Sir! I was trying to fight back the laughs so that I wasn’t the guy sitting at his cubicle laughing out loud…not that I read this forum at work…