PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Top 16 Most Entertaining Players in College Basketball

Check out #7 on this list…

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0910/cbk.entertainers/content.1.html?eref=sircrc

I love that we’re finally getting this kind of publicity for our program!!!

Nice list…
I don’t really agree with Harangody at #5 though. I personally don’t find him that entertaining, especially in comparison with some of the others on the list.

That’s what I like to see. With some exciting freshmen and of course Taran and Trey, we could have a regular spot on this list.

[quote=“Slash, post:2, topic:134”]Nice list…
I don’t really agree with Harangody at #5 though. I personally don’t find him that entertaining, especially in comparison with some of the others on the list.[/quote]

I agree on Luke. Kind of lumbering. Solid I guess, but entertaining? I picked Vasquez the other day as #1 in that other list. Great size. #7 is great for Talor, but kind of odd Lucas is #16 and Reynolds is #2. Reynolds is flashy, so maybe more entertaining than Lucas. He is more of a risk taker, but his TO’s show it. No Evan Turner, Manny Harris, Sherron Collins. Certainly a different list.

I just like the kid that has the nickname “Big Lumber”. He looks like he should be playing Offensive Tackle in the NFL…

Great to see Talor on this list! I agree with having no idea how Harangody could be on that list. It’s nice to see other Point Guards on this list that Talor will get his chance to play against. Lucas is #16, and also a potential matchup with #14 Devan Downey if us and South Carolina win the first 2 games of the Charleston Classic. I hope this happens for not only a good PG matchup but could help boast our RPI because Souch Carolina is going to be tough this year.

Has anyone seen “Big Lumber” play?

[quote="PSUdraw, post:5, topic:134"]I just like the kid that has the nickname "Big Lumber". He looks like he should be playing Offensive Tackle in the NFL..[/quote]

I actually haven’t seen a lot of the 16 play, or even if I saw them, like OK’s Warren, I don’t remember them. Speaking of Warren, I don’t remember him at all vs. loss vs. NC during the season nor in their exit from the tourney. I remember Blake’s brother and the kid with the mohawk haircut, so not sure how this kid is a possibility for leading the nation in scoring. Guess Talor would be too.

On another topic, at the bottom of the photos, there’s a tip for photographing sports. It’s pretty good.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:5, topic:134"]I just like the kid that has the nickname "Big Lumber". He looks like he should be playing Offensive Tackle in the NFL..[/quote]

I actually haven’t seen a lot of the 16 play, or even if I saw them, like OK’s Warren, I don’t remember them. Speaking of Warren, I don’t remember him at all vs. loss vs. NC during the season nor in their exit from the tourney. I remember Blake’s brother and the kid with the mohawk haircut, so not sure how this kid is a possibility for leading the nation in scoring. Guess Talor would be too.

On another topic, at the bottom of the photos, there’s a tip for photographing sports. It’s pretty good.

Thanks kid, for the photo info. My wife takes a lot of sport photos of my son’s team. She watched the tape. She said he made several good points which she would use. But, in ending, she said “If I had his camera, I could take those photos also.” Of course, I ran up stairs to hide the check book!!

Thanks kid, for the photo info. My wife takes a lot of sport photos of my son’s team. She watched the tape. She said he made several good points which she would use. But, in ending, she said “If I had his camera, I could take those photos also.” Of course, I ran up stairs to hide the check book!!

Re the lens he had, some years ago my son was pitching in American Legion ball in CT, and another parent had a relative there with a lens like that, big and gray, as she took photos for a paper or magazine. Well, she took about 4 or 5 pics of my son, and they were the best photos ever of him pitching. Take out that checkbook! Sell the golf clubs.:wink:

On another note, having a little trouble sleeping this morning? Posting kind of early, no? It’s funny when you see 4am posts. Bathroom calling I bet, so why not post?

I am pretty much an “early to bed, early to rise.” guy. Even though, I am retired I keep the same “clock.” It’s a comfort level. Plus a couple of bathroom wake-ups. Hoping for reports from the practice today. I am off for a soccer game shortly.

I don’t agree with #6, however the Nobel Prize Committee might appreciate the logic behind it.

i’ve seen all the guys on the list play except the kid from Fresno, who i think i did catch a game of last year but don’t remember.

Gotta disagree with Gody (who we all saw his “skills” last year) and Vasquez, who I would very much like to see get popped by somebody like Cornley sometime… that child needs an attitude adjustment.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:13, topic:134”]i’ve seen all the guys on the list play except the kid from Fresno, who i think i did catch a game of last year but don’t remember.

Gotta disagree with Gody (who we all saw his “skills” last year) and Vasquez, who I would very much like to see get popped by somebody like Cornley sometime… that child needs an attitude adjustment.[/quote]

as much as it pains me to defend a domer, any player is much more than the sum of one game. Vasquez most definately fits teh definition of entertaining, even if it is often for the wrong reasons.

well for the record, I’ve seen Gody more than I’d ever like to at this point. Big East games are on TV quite a bit if you hadn’t noticed, and I watch a lot of college ball. He’s a goon… sorry to say about a kid. But I really do not like his game at all, and I certainly don’t find him entertaining to watch.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:13, topic:134”]i’ve seen all the guys on the list play except the kid from Fresno, who i think i did catch a game of last year but don’t remember.

Gotta disagree with Gody (who we all saw his “skills” last year) and Vasquez, who I would very much like to see get popped by somebody like Cornley sometime… that child needs an attitude adjustment. [/quote]

Two of my best friends from back home go to Syracuse and Maryland, and would hold frequent debates over who was a bigger d-bag, Grevis Vasquez or Eric Devendorf. I think we settled on Devo, because he actually beat a girl up, but Vasquez was close.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:13, topic:134"]i've seen all the guys on the list play except the kid from Fresno, who i think i did catch a game of last year but don't remember.

Gotta disagree with Gody (who we all saw his “skills” last year) and Vasquez, who I would very much like to see get popped by somebody like Cornley sometime… that child needs an attitude adjustment. [/quote]

Two of my best friends from back home go to Syracuse and Maryland, and would hold frequent debates over who was a bigger d-bag, Grevis Vasquez or Eric Devendorf. I think we settled on Devo, because he actually beat a girl up, but Vasquez was close.

Devo is a thug, Vasquez can actually lead a team. I’d take him over Devo any day.

I’d also not take Chester Fraizer…too bad he’s gone now