PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Tipoff at Tailgreat to Take Place Saturday

gopsusports.com: Men’s and women’s basketball teams will perform at Tailgreat at 5:15 p.m.

The Tipoff at Tailgreat show will begin at 5:15 p.m. with introduction of both teams. The squads will then partake in special dance performances that will bring you back to the songs of yesteryear, as well as songs of today.
:)

Good idea…but…they have to keep promoting it. Hawkers with loud speakers walking the
area. How about Give-aways…People love Give-aways.
The idea isn’t enough…additional promoting is needed. It can’t be a success without a large number of fans people attending!

The Tipoff at Tailgreat show will begin at 5:15 p.m. with introduction of both teams. The squads will then partake in special dance performances that will bring you back to the songs of yesteryear, as well as songs of today.

to be followed by a basketball game between the dance squad and cheerleaders of course.

[quote=“tundra, post:2, topic:1419”]Good idea…but…they have to keep promoting it. Hawkers with loud speakers walking the
area. How about Give-aways…People love Give-aways.
The idea isn’t enough…additional promoting is needed. It can’t be a success without a large number of fans people attending![/quote]

To each his own, but it seems downright silly to me.

One, I can’t imagine anyone going to the TailGreat to watch the team dance.
Two, I can’t imagine any dances that they would do that would get me to buy ticket to a game.

So what’s the point? ???

It they’re going to be there, they at least ought to be doing something basketball oriented.

I thought they were going to play bball. Thanks for posting; that will save me the walk of attending.

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:1419"]Good idea..........but...they have to keep promoting it. Hawkers with loud speakers walking the area. How about Give-aways.................People love Give-aways. The idea isn't enough............additional promoting is needed. It can't be a success without a large number of fans people attending![/quote]

Two, I can’t imagine any dances that they would do that would get me to buy ticket to a game.

So what’s the point? ???

It they’re going to be there, they at least ought to be doing something basketball oriented.

I agree. I certainly won’t be going over there just to watch them dance.

I thought they were going to scrimmage… :-[…sorry…I didn’t read the article well.

Very disappointing.

If they’d have scheduled a scrimmage around 2:00 or 3:00, they could have gotten a decent turnout. I’d really have looked forward to it.

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:1419"]Good idea..........but...they have to keep promoting it. Hawkers with loud speakers walking the area. How about Give-aways.................People love Give-aways. The idea isn't enough............additional promoting is needed. It can't be a success without a large number of fans people attending![/quote]

So what’s the point? ???

I agree. I certainly won’t be going over there just to watch them dance.

What they should do is set the kids (men’s and women’s teams) down the isles of seats to mingle with the crowd and introduce themselves. There’s nothing like a little personal interaction with people you’re trying to reach out to, and it certianly would be better then watching them dance.

What they should do is have them scrimmage. I don’t the kids should be responsible for the PR for the program. We want to see them play basketball.

If I had to guess, I’d bet DeChellis doesn’t want to have an open scrimmage because the injury Jamelle suffered that one year. Some might think that’s bogus, but coaches are superstitious like that.

So is anyone going? Our tailgate is pretty lazy today so I’m thinking about heading up.

I went to the BJC for the dance show. It was cheesy, but the players seemed to enjoy it. So I think it was okay – it was really just an intro to the players and coaches from each team followed by some dancing. It was cool.

Looks like the players of both squads and the Lady Lion coaches had a lot of fun. And having innocent fun should be a big part of the Penn State experience, too.

http://www.gopsusports.com/view.gal?id=79776

[quote=“Evan Ceg, post:14, topic:1419”]Looks like the players of both squads and the Lady Lion coaches had a lot of fun. And having innocent fun should be a big part of the Penn State experience, too.

http://www.gopsusports.com/view.gal?id=79776[/quote]

Sasa riding onto the floor on a motorized wheelchair was pretty cool. He seemed to enjoy the attention. And Lady Lions assistant Fred Chmiel actually made me laugh during the coaches dance. It was all in fun and now that I saw what it was meant to be, I don’t think the criticism here was deserved. The basketball part of tailgreat probably took less than 30 minutes.