PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Tim Frazier is our Jeremy Lin

Tim Frazier is our Jeremy Lin:

Comparison of Frazier with Lin’s senior season.

Lin looked just like Frazier with some of his in the lane moves and floaters against the Lakers last night.

Awesome. Thanks for posting. And Tim is doing it against presumably stiffer competition.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:3061”]Tim Frazier is our Jeremy Lin:

Comparison of Frazier with Lin’s senior season.

Lin looked just like Frazier with some of his in the lane moves and floaters against the Lakers last night.[/quote]

The jury is still out at best. Knowing how you normally operate, in that you left out shooting stats, without looking, I’d be willing to bet the shooting stats, particularly the 3 point shooting stats, are not close. IMO, you parse stats to make your case(s). I’ll look it up, but that’d be my bet. I’d love to play poker vs. you Lar. You’re so predictable. :wink: Not to diminish Tim’s play, but many posters have commented on the team’s poor 3 point shooting.

As I figured, you did what I thought. Actually, Lin’s junior season was better than his senior season, so you could have used that, which would have been more appropriate. You’re incorrigible, Lar. Now I know why you like the AGW stats. They act like you do, hiding evidence! :wink:

Junior season stats for each.

FG%    3pt%      3pm   3pa    assists  TO's

Lin 50.0% 40.2% 40 100 120 108
Frazier 40.3% 27.5% 19 69 158 97

It’s always good to show the more complete picture. On shooting, no contest. Assists/TO’s, Tim’s ahead. Lin did improve dramatically on assists to TO’s as a senior, but still not great, at 130/90. Interestingly, last night Lin had 7 assists, 6 TO’s.

I love that comparison. I really hope Tim gets a shot in the league like Lin has.

Good to see that the fun police has arrived to squash what was obviously meant to be a “fun” thread…

Agreed!
Plus there is no question that if Tim had a better supporting cast of shooters that his shot taking would be less and his percentage higher. The 1.6 assists to turnover ratio for Tim to Lin’s 1.1 ratio is every bit as much a no contest advantage as the shooting advantage and for a point guard equally important.

Sorry. Reality bites. Do I think Tim can make it? Yes, if he gets his 3 point shooting to mid 30%. That’s good enough, with his speed,defense and handle. It’s Lar, not Tim, that I have trouble with when I see stats. Often one sided. I never do that. :wink:

Good to see that the fun police has arrived to squash what was obviously meant to be a "fun" thread...
Agreed! Plus there is no question that if Tim had a better supporting cast of shooters that his shot taking would be less and his percentage higher. The 1.6 assists to turnover ratio for Tim to Lin's 1.1 ratio is every bit as much a no contest advantage as the shooting advantage and for a point guard equally important.

Sorry that ignoring users is so difficult. I want a button right next to a user’s name or post, but SMF has no working modification for that yet.

Folks need to chill. Nice thread, but good points all around. Didn’t see anything anyone posted that deserved getting the panties in a wad about…

Jeremy Lin is the Knick’s Tim Frazier.

:smiley:

Timsanity!!!

Steve Jones made the comparison on the radio broadcast today. Or maybe it was Dick. I’m pretty sure it was Steve though.

[quote="frats, post:6, topic:3061"]Good to see that the fun police has arrived to squash what was obviously meant to be a "fun" thread...[/quote] Agreed! Plus there is no question that if Tim had a better supporting cast of shooters that his shot taking would be less and his percentage higher. The 1.6 assists to turnover ratio for Tim to Lin's 1.1 ratio is every bit as much a no contest advantage as the shooting advantage and for a point guard equally important.

Sorry that ignoring users is so difficult. I want a button right next to a user’s name or post, but SMF has no working modification for that yet.

I’ve always liked the idea behind the “Tachy Goes to Coventry” bulletin board feature. Basically, it’s a global ignore list. Ignored posters think they are posting. Everything seems normal to them. But, in reality, no one can see their posts. A poster who is put on the list fires away like usual but pretty soon stops posting because no one is responding. It’s absolutely brilliant.

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:4, topic:3061”]As I figured, you did what I thought. Actually, Lin’s junior season was better than his senior season, so you could have used that, which would have been more appropriate. You’re incorrigible, Lar. Now I know why you like the AGW stats. They act like you do, hiding evidence! :wink:

Junior season stats for each.

FG%    3pt%      3pm   3pa    assists  TO's

Lin 50.0% 40.2% 40 100 120 108
Frazier 40.3% 27.5% 19 69 158 97

It’s always good to show the more complete picture. On shooting, no contest. Assists/TO’s, Tim’s ahead. Lin did improve dramatically on assists to TO’s as a senior, but still not great, at 130/90. Interestingly, last night Lin had 7 assists, 6 TO’s.[/quote]

I actually wanted to average Lin’s junior and senior seasons but the Harvard website only has his senior year, they don’t have his junior year, so it was impossible for me to include it. I did find data on other sites but they were all averages, not raw numbers, so I couldn’t calculate his two year averages without some extra work and some approximations on my part which I chose not to do.

The Harvard site was a bit weird in getting the stats. They were interactive if you poked around. But they showed in a graph. No problem. Tim’s playing great.

Jeremy is also 6’3. I know Tim has one more growth spurt in him :wink:

Lin went from 6’2" 180 as a junior to 6’3" 200 as a senior. If Tim can put an inch and 20 lbs on, he’ll be 6’2" 190 and his chances for the NBA will jump considerably.

Not surprised by the MSU - to$u score. MSU seemed really on their game against us. Great half court defense and great rebounding!