Tiger Woods

Well, I thought I would start it. ???
What does everybody think?

I really don’t care.

It’s such a strange story…I haven’t heard anything today yet, so maybe there’s news I’m missing, but as of yesterday the story doesn’t really add up to me.

Dude was driving at 2:30 in the morning, prob was going out for meds, kids were sick maybe…said he was falling asleep. If that was the case it wouldn’t be hard to see a guy back down the driveway and hit something. IMO it isn’t a big deal, the charges could very well just be a ticket, they already said he wasn’t drinking or doing drugs so there isn’t much else you can do with a car in your driveway. The hydrant isn’t his, it’s the town so he could be facing some wierd vandalizing charge, I think it’ll just blow over an nobody will care.

I’m sure there will be plenty of conspiracy theories about it, like, this one:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

full disclaimer… this is pure speculation.

The first thing I thought was Ambien. Ambien is known to cause sleepwalking, sleepeating, and yes, even sleepdriving. It’s a rare, but significant, side effect. This might explain why he was in and out of consciousness when his injuries were relatively minor, too. Add that to the fact that he recently returned from Australia and his circadian rhythms are probably all out of whack for a bit and might easily be having troubles w/ sleep. Lots of possibilities without people jumping to the conclusion that something untoward was happening.

[quote=“ronb89, post:6, topic:368”]full disclaimer… this is pure speculation.

The first thing I thought was Ambien. Ambien is known to cause sleepwalking, sleepeating, and yes, even sleepdriving. It’s a rare, but significant, side effect. This might explain why he was in and out of consciousness when his injuries were relatively minor, too. Add that to the fact that he recently returned from Australia and his circadian rhythms are probably all out of whack for a bit and might easily be having troubles w/ sleep. Lots of possibilities without people jumping to the conclusion that something untoward was happening.[/quote]

I’d buy that

your theory that is.lol

My MIL mistakenly took an ambien before work. Her friends brought her home and she doesn’t remember very much but I guess a lot of comedy and fast food was involved.

Well - he may have crashed simply because a crazed woman was smashing his back windshield in with a golf club lol.

story sounds straight out of a movie, or a bad episode of Cops at the very least.

He was on his way to Best Buy for some sweet Black Friday sales…running a little late…as if it hasn’t happened to all of us.

I still don’t care.

I just want to know what club the Mrs used on the windshield…

maybe it was his “trouble club” ;D

If it’s not about golf, Tiger Woods owes us no explanation BY MICHAEL ROSENBERG, FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

I would guess, it’s no fun being on the tabloid covers! I don’t have a problem with Tiger’s privacy. BUT, I think society (meaning the police) should be talked to and told the truth.
One more thing. I bet Tiger does NOT turn in his car damage in to his auto insurance company!

There is only ONE thing that can make a guy wreck his Escalade into a fire hydrant, and then a tree, at 2:30 in the morning WITHOUT the influence of drugs or alcohol — a woman!!!

[quote=“tundra, post:15, topic:368”]I would guess, it’s no fun being on the tabloid covers! I don’t have a problem with Tiger’s privacy. BUT, I think society (meaning the police) should be talked to and told the truth.
One more thing. I bet Tiger does NOT turn in his car damage in to his auto insurance company![/quote]

I’m pretty sure he can afford to just buy a new one.

I’m no legal expert, but is he required by law to speak with the police? It’s the job of the police to investigate and see if any laws were broken, if there were, there are legal means for them to acquire more info.

[quote="tundra, post:15, topic:368"]I would guess, it's no fun being on the tabloid covers! I don't have a problem with Tiger's privacy. BUT, I think society (meaning the police) should be talked to and told the truth.[/quote]

I’m no legal expert, but is he required by law to speak with the police if no laws were broken?

Don’t think you can run over a fire hydrant and hit a tree without violating some sort of law. But, it’s been stated that since the police are treating this as a moving violation, Tiger doesn’t have to talk to anyone about it – as long as he pays the fine.

[quote=“MarkH, post:13, topic:368”]I just want to know what club the Mrs used on the windshield…

maybe it was his “trouble club” ;D[/quote]

Whatever the club, she knocked an Escalade off the road with it. Respectable club head speed.

Imagine if the situation was reversed. Tiger would’ve knocked it back up the driveway and into the garage.

:slight_smile: