PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Ticket Sales

I’ve seen it reported that over 11,000 seats were sold by 4:30 yesterday. I called the BJC today at Noon. They could not tell me how many seats were sold and while there were no tickets available in the Lower Level, seats were available all the way around the Upper Level including sections at Mid-Court. I am concerned that the 11k figure is not accurate. Do we have an updated figure?

It was a little over 10k late last week. The 11k number sounds pretty logical to me.

I figure it’s worth noting that the women’s game had 11,000+ for their game on Sunday. Against Northwestern. I realize this is a weekday game, and it’s late, but I’d hope the men’s team could outdraw the women’s team when playing the number 1 team in the country on senior night.

Women’s game had the Pink Zone promotion going on

I’ll be surprised if its not nearly sold out

The BJC also told somebody today they weren’t selling tickets…they’re aren’t exactly on top of their game. I’d expect a big crowd

They arent selling tickets???

[quote="NGameday, post:6, topic:2020"]The BJC also told somebody today they weren't selling tickets..they're aren't exactly on top of their game. I'd expect a big crowd[/quote]

They arent selling tickets???

I think his point is don’t necessarily trust what you hear from BJC ticket people

The actual attendance (fannies in building, not tickets distributed) was 8412, according to police. These nuggets are sometimes buried in the daily log, which offers comic relief on more days than not. :slight_smile:

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/02/28/2548778/university-police-daily-activity.html

Since I won’t be getting there until this evening and I need to exchange one of my flex book passes for a tickets, I was slightly worried about it selling it out before I could get there.

I just spoke to someone in the athletic ticketing office who said they don’t anticipate a sell out this evening, as of 10:30 AM. FWIW.

300 tickets sold in 15 minutes at the HUB.

Kids are still in line.

Free campus loop to the BJC for students (and tickets still available)

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030111aab.html

[quote=“Tom, post:12, topic:2020”]Free campus loop to the BJC for students (and tickets still available)

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030111aab.html[/quote]

doors open at 730 tonight instead of 8

Any update on ticket’s sold?

[quote=“eric17, post:11, topic:2020”]300 tickets sold in 15 minutes at the HUB.

Kids are still in line.

[/quote]

They sold 1500 student tickets in 24 hours. Plus the frat/organization presale, plus the student season ticket holders, plus whatever they sell at the door.

They seriously have a shot at selling this out.

So, how did it look? Any photos for attendance purposes? I don’t get the BTN and was asleep before tip-off last night.

Thanks

[quote=“State4Life, post:16, topic:2020”]So, how did it look? Any photos for attendance purposes? I don’t get the BTN and was asleep before tip-off last night.

Thanks[/quote]

I forget the exact number, but by tip-off I’d say it was about 95 percent full. Only open spaces looked to be the very top of the one endzone, and even those were few and far between.

The senior night portion was pretty good, but everything after that was pretty disappointing. First 10 minutes were very noisy, crowd really wanted something to cheer for but mostly lost interest when it got to double digits and stayed there.

Even the BTN sideline reporter mentioned how loud it was just before tipoff. Too bad we couldn’t keep it going :’(

Great crowd and student turn out last night. To bad every game can’t be like that. Might be a while before we see another one like that

It just shows while not perfect the BJC can have a little atmosphere.