Guard positions: 80 minutes. Potential players are Battle, Buie, and Frazier
- Battle 36 minutes
- Buie & Frazier split the rest, let’s say 22 minutes a piece for sake of argument
Small Forward/3rd guard position: 40 minutes. Potential players are Buie (if Battle and Frazier in at the other spots), Marshall, Woodyard, Bowman, DJ, Oliver
- If they play DJ or Oliver, more a ‘big’ lineup. Issue being is that without any depth at the 4/5 position, foul trouble could become an issue and this is the same line-up as last year that didn’t work.
- Woodyard probably the best fit to guard an opposing team swingman. Only guy on the roster that is a ‘typical’ type of small forward size.
- Buie/Marshall/Bowman give more of a 3 guard look. Issue with this is that I have not seen the interior post defense and rebounding ability out of Brooks and Jones to play only two frontcourt players. If going to run three guard line-up, better play an uptempo offense that Ed has been reluctant to goto for whatever reason.
4/5 positions: 80 minutes. Potential players are Jones, Graham, Oliver, DJ.
- Gotta believe that Ed is hoping that DJ/Jones/Brooks essentially split these 80 minutes due to some improved, inspired senior year play.
- Can Oliver earn PT if one of these guys doesn’t perform. Does Oliver has the rebounding ability to play the 4 spot in a 3 guard rotation, as if 3 guards are in, the two frontcourt players have to be able to rebound well.
- I can’t believe Graham gets a whole lot of PT barring he is just a real diamond in the rough that Ed found or their are issues with the four guys with experience ahead of him.