Thought for the Day

Keep your head up! :slight_smile:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10137/1058300-51.stm

That is so true and it relates to all sports. Kids grow, mature and develop at different rates. I think it really hurts kids that intramural sports are almost non-existent in schools today.

Colleges? Or High schools and below?

That is so true and it relates to all sports. Kids grow, mature and develop at different rates. [b]I think it really hurts kids that intramural sports are almost non-existent in schools today. [/b]

High schools and below.

[quote="JakkL, post:2, topic:1175"]That is so true and it relates to all sports. Kids grow, mature and develop at different rates. [b]I think it really hurts kids that intramural sports are almost non-existent in schools today. [/b][/quote]

High schools and below.

If you’re referring to high schools, middle schools, etc running intra-mural sports programs… that would require $, something most school districts are tight on. Intramural sports are not first on their list - heck even varsity sports get cut occasionally.

Aside from that, there are club / travel athletics (most talented or richest kids), inter-county / YMCA type athletics (less traveling, cheaper, middle level to low talent level) and then there is “house league” athletics which is the bottom of the barrel (kids compete within the town usually younger kids), I know this is how its set up in my area.