This week's question is:

Is PSU becoming the team that other teams don’t want to play down the stretch and/or in the Big Ten Tournament? After two quality wins on the road, I think the answer is yes.

I most definitely say YES!

[quote="Great Santini, post:1, topic:868"]Is PSU becoming the team that other teams don't want to play down the stretch and/or in the Big Ten Tournament? After two quality wins on the road, I think the answer is yes.[/quote]

I most definitely say YES!

No doubt about it.

This is a question to ask after the OSU game

Once we beat them, the answer will still be the same.

OSU is going to be a tough nut to crack, but Lions protect the Den.

OSU plays at MSU tomorrow and at home against Michigan next weekend. In between, they have to play us in Happy Valley. I think we’ll play them tough. Our confidence is up; our shooting is improving; our bigs are playing better; and the team will want to put on a good show for the home folks.

PSU has an unfortunately tough set of games to finish the B10 slate: OSU, Purdue, NW and @MSU. Too bad this momentum couldn’t be lead into an easier 4 set of games. I can see PSU go into the B10 tournament playing better than they were before, but for them to still be on a tangible streak going into the tournament would be a miracle. When I say tangible streak, I mean Wins and Losses. They may still maintain their level of play, but it might not be visible via W’s and L’s. Hopefully they beat NW and upset OSU. I don’t expect them to beat Purdue or win @MSU. However, I think the OSU win can be potentially swapped with the @MSU game.

Bucks really showed some character on the road against MSU. Let a 13 point get away from them and fell behind. On the road against Sparty, and momentum with the home team but they didn’t fold at all and put on a spurt to win it. They have to feeling pretty good about that win. Their big rival Michigan who they lost to in their first match, at home follows us. Hopefully that makes our game with them the perfect trap game. Hope so!

I was on the road today and listened to the MSU radio broadcast of the OSU-MSU game. Here are a couple interesting things about OSU:

1. Motta only plays six guys. Four guys play forty minutes and Madsen and Lauderdale split the 40 minutes in the post.

2. The radio guys said Izzo’s plan was to keep it fairly close for 30 minutes and then win the last ten minutes because, at this point in the season with all the minutes the top six play, fatigue could be a factor. Didn’t quite work out for Tom, but can’t fault the strategy.

3. Because of the minutes their starters play, OSU plays zone more than you would expect. A good outside shooting team can capitalize on that. MSU isn’t a great outside shooting team, so that’s probably what allowed OSU to win. (It really does all come down to hitting your open shots).

OSU is a really good team and Motta is a really good coach. But we had an extra day of rest and they will probably be looking ahead to UM. If we can get a lead and force them to play man and have Talor, Chris and Tim run, run, run, they could be gassed toward the end of the game.

[quote=“Great Santini, post:10, topic:868”]I was on the road today and listened to the MSU radio broadcast of the OSU-MSU game. Here are a couple interesting things about OSU:

1. Motta only plays six guys. Four guys play forty minutes and Madsen and Lauderdale split the 40 minutes in the post.

2. The radio guys said Izzo’s plan was to keep it fairly close for 30 minutes and then win the last ten minutes because, at this point in the season with all the minutes the top six play, fatigue could be a factor. Didn’t quite work out for Tom, but can’t fault the strategy.

3. Because of the minutes their starters play, OSU plays zone more than you would expect. A good outside shooting team can capitalize on that. MSU isn’t a great outside shooting team, so that’s probably what allowed OSU to win. (It really does all come down to hitting your open shots).

OSU is a really good team and Motta is a really good coach. But we had an extra day of rest and they will probably be looking ahead to UM. If we can get a lead and force them to play man and have Talor, Chris and Tim run, run, run, they could be gassed toward the end of the game.[/quote]

It’s Matta not Motta.

And your correction should have read:

It’s Matta; not Motta. 8)

I feel that we have been playing MSU much closer than OSU under ED. OSU is kind of our Achilles Heel (other than 04, during ED’s first year, and the near-upset against Oden the games really have not been close. MSU, on the other hand, we’ve played tight a few times).

[quote=“Great Santini, post:12, topic:868”]And your correction should have read:

It’s Matta; not Motta. 8)[/quote]

Thanks. I’ll make note of that in the future.