This season has really taken its toll on:

This board.

Posts must be at an in season low that rival the end of the Dunn era
TJB has not been heard from in weeks and while Lar, our most prolific poster is still posting, it is, as it is for most posters, at a rate far below his in season norm.
Even the Deadwood board that this seasons results are providing a ripe climate for naysayers to thrive, has had but one post topic started in the last two weeks.
Mhenry41 hasn’t done a roll call since the Purdue game now 4 games ago. There were only 13 participants for that game compared to 39 for the Big Ten opener against Minnesota and 32 for the Illini just a four days earlier. The positive vibe post from NittanyIllini is no longer a pre-game staple. Needless to say this season has been disappointing. Some of the drop off in posting is the result that many on this board try to follow a “if you can’t say anything good, don’t say anything at all philosophy."

JoePa often says that you are not as bad as you look when you loose or as good as you look when you win. I believe that, and perhaps the last 13 months of Penn State basketball demonstrate how true and sobering that viewpoint can be. That six minute stretch after we took a 46-44 leas against MSU of 8 empty and mostly inept possessions had me hoping that Paterno theory is correct.

Talor is the only player that has played at or above expectations. DJ probably comes closest to playing at the level expected, but then the fall off after that is pretty much across the board, some players more than others. When it is a single player not playing up, then the fault lies (IMO) 80/20 on the player, when it is over 3 players and more systemic (as it is with PSU), then I flip flop on the 80/20 rule-from the fault on individual player-to 80/20 fault on the coaching.
For myself I have not reconciled that this is the team that became the first and only team to accomplish a 3rd straight win for the Big Ten in the ten plus years in the ACC match up
Despite an NIT title, the regression this year leaves a pretty empty feeling. Year 7 and no dances and where we are at this point in time and being 2/3rds of the way through this BigTen season and no victories demonstrates that. My views are worthless, Tim Curley’s are the only ones that matter.

I know have not posted as much as I used to. I am pretty much following the “if you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all” rule. Though I do think post will pick up once March Madness starts. The board can post more about basketball in general…

[quote=“Duff, post:1, topic:850”]This board.

TJB has not been heard from in weeks and while Lar, our most prolific poster is still posting, it is, as it is for most posters, at a rate far below his in season norm.
Even the Deadwood board that this seasons results are providing a ripe climate for naysayers to thrive, has had but one post topic started in the last two weeks.
Mhenry41 hasn’t done a roll call since the Purdue game now 4 games ago. There were only 13 participants for that game compared to 39 for the Big Ten opener against Minnesota and 32 for the Illini just a four days earlier. The positive vibe post from NittanyIllini is no longer a pre-game staple. Needless to say this season has been disappointing. Some of the drop off in posting is the result that many on this board try to follow a “if you can’t say anything good, don’t say anything at all philosophy."

JoePa often says that you are not as bad as you look when you loose or as good as you look when you win. I believe that, and perhaps the last 13 months of Penn State basketball demonstrate how true and sobering that viewpoint can be. That six minute stretch after we took a 46-44 leas against MSU of 8 empty and mostly inept possessions had me hoping that Paterno theory is correct.

Talor is the only player that has played at or above expectations. DJ probably comes closest to playing at the level expected, but then the fall off after that is pretty much across the board, some players more than others. When it is a single player not playing up, then the fault lies (IMO) 80/20 on the player, when it is over 3 players and more systemic (as it is with PSU), then I flip flop on the 80/20 rule-from the fault on individual player-to 80/20 fault on the coaching.
For myself I have not reconciled that this is the team that became the first and only team to accomplish a 3rd straight win for the Big Ten in the ten plus years in the ACC match up
Despite an NIT title, the regression this year leaves a pretty empty feeling. Year 7 and no dances and where we are at this point in time and being 2/3rds of the way through this BigTen season and no victories demonstrates that. My views are worthless, Tim Curley’s are the only ones that matter.[/quote]

The Olympics are occupying my time.

In more ways, than one (www.oglympics.com - NSFW)

And, FTR, kidcoyote has more posts than I do.

I didn’t know that. But, but, but I am “thinking” lifetime post on all the boards. How is that for a spin?
Besides the Olympics only started four days ago.

I keep wondering what if one of our bigs (Jones, Ott or Brooks) finally decides what the team really needs is a windex man. A couple of these games all we needed was to grab a defensive rebound that we didn’t and our opponent grabbed it and scored. I am curious as to what happens between now and next fall.

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to comment on this. This board has been dead considering the time of year.

My internet activity regarding the team has tailed off significantly through this year, too. I stopped blogging for a month. People kept emailing me why, but I just didn’t have the motivation to write about something so frustrating/depressing. However, all my frustrations over the last month have finally built up to a new found motivation.

Shameless Plug ;): I have returned with an offensive breakdown of the MSU game and a post about my thoughts on the program now.

[quote=“Duff, post:4, topic:850”]I didn’t know that. But, but, but I am “thinking” lifetime post on all the boards. How is that for a spin?
Besides the Olympics only started four days ago.[/quote]

Good spin.

Also, although the Olympics just started, my “hunt” for photos started considerably before that.

And, I’m busy keeping Happy Valley Half Nelson (plug #2) current.

[quote=“eric17, post:6, topic:850”]I was wondering if anyone was ever going to comment on this. This board has been dead considering the time of year.

My internet activity regarding the team has tailed off significantly through this year, too. I stopped blogging for a month. People kept emailing me why, but I just didn’t have the motivation to write about something so frustrating/depressing. However, all my frustrations over the last month have finally built up to a new found motivation.

Shameless Plug ;): I have returned with an offensive breakdown of the MSU game and a post about my thoughts on the program now.[/quote]

Eric,

Good stuff. I enjoy your blog and agree entirely with your thoughts on our coaching situation.

Like others here I’ve decided to take a back seat since there hasn’t been anything to post about much less be happy about. It seems we’re fast approaching a critical point for this program and I really hope the AD makes the right decision either way.

Probably like most of us, the close defeats and the new ways we find to lose are just grating.

[quote="Duff, post:4, topic:850"]I didn't know that. But, but, but I am "thinking" lifetime post on all the boards. How is that for a spin? Besides the Olympics only started four days ago.[/quote]

Good spin.

If anyone would know about good “spin”, it would be you. ::slight_smile:
Also, although the Olympics just started, my "hunt" for photos started considerably before that.
I admire you. There aren't that many men who would take such pride in being a lecherous old creep.
And, I'm busy keeping [url=http://www.happyvalleyhalfnelson.com/]Happy Valley Half Nelson[/url] (plug #2) current.

Also, although the Olympics just started, my "hunt" for photos started considerably before that.
I admire you. There aren't that many men who would take such pride in being a lecherous old creep.
And, I'm busy keeping [url=http://www.happyvalleyhalfnelson.com/]Happy Valley Half Nelson[/url] (plug #2) current.

It’s all about building the brand. :wink:

Six straight days of ever increasing traffic on Oglympics. I’ve already passed yesterday’s numbers and might have an alltime record day today.

FTR - I sometimes do non-lecherous things to. In fact, if the Olympics weren’t going on at the moment, I might have revived my

“Every Day is Valentine’s Day”

[quote="UncleLar, post:7, topic:850"]Also, although the Olympics just started, my "hunt" for photos started considerably before that.[/quote] I admire you. There aren't that many men who would take such pride in being a lecherous old creep.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:7, topic:850”]And, I’m busy keeping Happy Valley Half Nelson (plug #2) current.[/quote]

Six straight days of ever increasing traffic on Oglympics. I’ve already passed yesterday’s numbers and might have an alltime record day today.

FTR - I sometimes do non-lecherous things to. In fact, if the Olympics weren’t going on at the moment, I might have revived my

I guess what you are doing might be construed as a public service. After all, the more dirty old men, such as yourself, who are looking at women of the Olympics at your website, the less that are ogling barely legal young girls at places like; the library, bus stops, cafeterias, offices, classrooms, schools, and other public venues. ::slight_smile:

::slight_smile:

[quote="UncleLar, post:7, topic:850"]Also, although the Olympics just started, my "hunt" for photos started considerably before that.[/quote] I admire you. There aren't that many men who would take such pride in being a lecherous old creep.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:7, topic:850”]And, I’m busy keeping Happy Valley Half Nelson (plug #2) current.[/quote]

I guess what you are doing might be construed as a public service. After all, the more dirty old men, such as yourself, who are looking at women of the Olympics at your website, the less that are ogling barely legal young girls at places like; the library, bus stops, cafeterias, offices, classrooms, schools, and other public venues. ::slight_smile:

Au contraire. Ogling them at my site just gets them all stoked up to go stalk the girls at all the places that you list. ::slight_smile:

Au contraire. Ogling them at my site just gets them all stoked up to go stalk the girls at all the places that you list. ::slight_smile:

This conversation is a microcosm of why this thread exists.

[quote="Duff, post:1, topic:850"]This board.

Despite an NIT title, the regression this year leaves a pretty empty feeling. Year 7 and no dances and where we are at this point in time and being 2/3rds of the way through this BigTen season and no victories demonstrates that. My views are worthless, Tim Curley’s are the only ones that matter.[/quote]

The Olympics are occupying my time.

In more ways, than one (www.oglympics.com - NSFW)

And, FTR, kidcoyote has more posts than I do.

I do, but I was more than 100 behind you. You slowed way down well before the Olympics. So did Tim. I was 3rd in posting at the 800 mark, then you guys stopped.

Please. I have to believe that he was lech long before Penn State was losing games. Dirty old men don’t suddenly start ogling young barely legal girls just because their local college basketball team is losing games. I can only imagine what he is like in a town full of college aged girls. ::slight_smile:

I’m actually quite entertaining. ;D

I can only imagine what he is like in a town full of college aged girls. ::)

I’m actually quite entertaining. ;D

I am sure you are, buying drinks all night long hoping they still talk to you after a few LI iced teas.

Everybody’s favorite Uncle, eh?

Huh? Well it wasn’t what I had in mind when I started it.