PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Think Different

http://twitpic.com/5a0p1h

Sweet set-up, Joe! I wonder when the new uniforms with the little apple next to the little swoosh will come out.

Love it!

What a marketing opportunity for both Apple and PSU!

Seeing a monitor that big on a desk has a photoshopped aura to it.

http://www.apple.com/displays/

wonder how many WPM he can type?

As many as it takes to log him into Skype I guess.

Its Armageddon! :wink:

I do love the Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse.

[quote=“Tom, post:4, topic:2492”]Seeing a monitor that big on a desk has a photoshopped aura to it.

http://www.apple.com/displays/[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that’s the 27" iMac, not a stand alone display.

My neighbor just bought that exact same computer, 27-inch screen and all. That screen is HUGE. Even Joe should have no problem reading it.

What you are looking at is the entire computer - decent speakers, a terabyte of memory, RAM, a DVD player, etc. are all built into the monitor.

[quote="Tom, post:4, topic:2492"]Seeing a monitor that big on a desk has a photoshopped aura to it.

http://www.apple.com/displays/[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that’s the 27" iMac, not a stand alone display.

It is the 27" iMac. I have one of those at work and I love it. The screen resolution is awesome…

I love these twitter pics of JoePa. The other ones of him walking around town were great.

[quote=“PSUdraw, post:7, topic:2492”]Its Armageddon! :wink:

I do love the Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse.[/quote]

I’m working on a 22" iMac with a 2nd monitor right next to it at work and couldn’t stand the Bluetooth Keyboard. I found it too small to type on, and I couldn’t stand there isn’t a backspace key on it (you have to press Function Delete). That drove me nuts. I missed having the number pad on the right too. I ended up upgrading to the full size keyboard and even though it’s wired I love it. The usb ports are really nice too, since the usb ports on the iMac are in the back. It would be nice if they released a bluetooth full size keyboard same as the wired version, don’t know why they don’t. I sorta liked the magic mouse too (the scrolling was really nice on it), but it would lose connectivity often so I went with a Logitech Performance MX mouse. The Logitech mouse is great cause of the extra buttons, which I’ve set up with spaces and it makes life so much easier then constantly going to the keyboard. If the magic mouse had some extra buttons it (and didn’t lose connectivity for me) it would have been a keeper. I am jealous of JoePa’s 27" iMac, I wish that’s what my boss would have gotten me instead of the 22" iMac (with a 2nd monitor). At home I need a new work computer for freelance and when I work from home. So I’m thinking of either building a nice sandybridge i7 PC with dual 24" monitors and a mac mini for testing, or going with the new 27" i5 or i7 iMac. Haven’t decided yet, decisions decisions!

I love these twitter pics of JoePa. The other ones of him walking around town were great.
Its Armageddon! ;)

I do love the Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse.

I’m working on a 22" iMac with a 2nd monitor right next to it at work and couldn’t stand the Bluetooth Keyboard. I found it too small to type on, and I couldn’t stand there isn’t a backspace key on it (you have to press Function Delete). That drove me nuts. I missed having the number pad on the right too. I ended up upgrading to the full size keyboard and even though it’s wired I love it. The usb ports are really nice too, since the usb ports on the iMac are in the back. It would be nice if they released a bluetooth full size keyboard same as the wired version, don’t know why they don’t. I sorta liked the magic mouse too (the scrolling was really nice on it), but it would lose connectivity often so I went with a Logitech Performance MX mouse. The Logitech mouse is great cause of the extra buttons, which I’ve set up with spaces and it makes life so much easier then constantly going to the keyboard. If the magic mouse had some extra buttons it (and didn’t lose connectivity for me) it would have been a keeper. I am jealous of JoePa’s 27" iMac, I wish that’s what my boss would have gotten me instead of the 22" iMac (with a 2nd monitor). At home I need a new work computer for freelance and when I work from home. So I’m thinking of either building a nice sandybridge i7 PC with dual 24" monitors and a mac mini for testing, or going with the new 27" i5 or i7 iMac. Haven’t decided yet, decisions decisions!

If it’s Bluetooth, shouldn’t ANY Bluetooth keyboard work?

I’ve used my Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad and I thought that that it would work with a Bluetooth Mac.

Am I wrong?

Great picture. It is clear, however, that the computer is brought in when Joe does his Skyping and is not on his desk in that position “full time.” As you can see, the monitor in its current location, blocks his view of of pictures and impedes his access to other items on his desk.

Nope.

[quote="UncleLar, post:12, topic:2492"]Am I wrong?[/quote]

Nope.

Bluetooth yes, but not all keyboards are optimized for Macs. Most in fact weren’t.