PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

The Time to ACT is NOW! Start the Campaign

I know that the next statement will not be news to anyone on this board…

We are at a CRITICAL juncture in the future of the Penn State Basketball program!

I’ve been an extremely avid fan of the PSU Hoops program for more than 40 YEARS, and in my opinion, NOW is the most important time in the entire history of the program!

I know that any one of us has no influence as to the overall direction of the program; however, en masse, we MAY be able to have some influence, and I for one would like to take that chance. The intent of this post is to call EVERYONE TO ACTION.

I think we all agree that this coaching hire is going to be a clear indication of how the PSU Administration views basketball at Penn State. In order to get any coach here capable of leading this program to where it should be, the Administration will have to convince and ensure that kind of coach that the administration’s commitment to the program is at a completely different level than the support that has been provided in the past. Because this of this, I think each one of us needs to let the President, the Athletic Director and the Director of Development for Athletics know that there are thousands and thousands of Penn Stater’s that do care PASSIONATELY about the direction of the program. We want a full commitment from the University. We need to absolutely swamp the Administration with emails (or letters, if you want to go the old fashioned route) imploring them to STEP UP AND MAKE THE COMMITMENT of the resources, facilities and funds necessary to raise the Penn State program to a top 25 caliber program. They’ve done it recently for several other programs here at PSU…now it’s time to step up and do it for the Hoops Program.

I know many of you think that the Administration just doesn’t care…I’m not convinced of that and I’m willing to take the chance that an outpouring of support may make a difference.

Here are the three email addresses I’d like to see absolutely flooded with emails:

President@psu.edu

tmc3@psu.edu

kmc2@psu.edu (Ken Cutler - Director of Development for Athletics)

If anyone know of others that should be contacted, please post those names and email addresses here.

I don’t think the message of the email is all that critical, it’s the volume of emails…and other messages…whatever they may be…that will be needed to get their attention. Even an email with a subject line such as: “Penn Stater’s Want a Top 25 Men’s Basketball Program” and “Penn Stater’s Want You to Make the Commitment to Men’s Basketball” will catch their attention. Again, it’s not the message, it’s the volume!

Also, some of you out there…the ones that are a lot more knowledgeable and savvy in the world of social media…we need to connect with others through any possible use of the social media outlets to get the word out as quickly as possible…we NEED other Penn Stater’s and friends of Penn State…Nittany Nation…Penn State page on Facebook…to get this email campaign in full force as quickly as possible.

PLEASE HELP TO GET THE WORD OUT ANY WAY YOU CAN! Time is critical…this only has any potential of working if we can get a huge volume of messages…we need an avalanche of messages…NOW!

I hope you will help…Thanks!

Nittany Lions Hoops (Booster) Club

Mail:
Nittany Lion Hoops Club
2302 Spruce Dr.
State College, PA 16801

Phone:
814-682-NLHC (6542)

E-mail:
hoopsclub@nittanylionhoopsclub.com

Officers:
Elana Pyle, Frank Welsh, Dan Ryan

Nobody is giving out the Pope’s or Obama’s e-mail. I’m afraid that is the help we need. :wink:

So tundra has an alternate account he’s posting on now?

Harold Camping has nothing on PSUWIN.

Nay…I’m too old …and not nearly intelligent enough to come up with that idea :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D :stuck_out_tongue: :-\

But, this PSUWIN guy has alot on the ball!!

If Harold Camping is correct about his next end of the world prediction (October 21st) we might as well not even get a new coach because there won’t be a season!

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:2422"]So tundra has an alternate account he's posting on now?[/quote] Nay................I'm too old .................and not nearly intelligent enough to come up with that idea :) ;) :D ;D :P :-\

Is he your son? Or brother?

The Dean Scream

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:2422"]So tundra has an alternate account he's posting on now?[/quote] Nay................I'm too old .................and not nearly intelligent enough to come up with that idea :) ;) :D ;D :P :-\

I agree on two of the three points here! :smiley:

Okay, two things:

-After seeing the first two lines, I immediately thought of some sort of WWII Uncle Sam propaganda.
-While I agree with the premise of this thread, I think its telling how we all just poked fun at it, including myself.

:smiley:

You know what I find interesting, mjg, is your coming to the defense/support of Craftsy. You’ve done this before when he and I used to get into it. I would post, he’d criticize, I’d respond in kind, and you’d jump in, supporting his view. Here, he jabs tundra, tundra responds gracefully, and you jump in, supporting his view. It’s kind of like the 3rd man in, in hockey. Game misconduct. :wink:

You know what I find interesting, mjg, is your coming to the defense/support of Craftsy. You’ve done this before when he and I used to get into it. I would post, he’d criticize, I’d respond in kind, and you’d jump in, supporting his view. Here, he jabs tundra, tundra responds gracefully, and you jump in, supporting his view. It’s kind of like the 3rd man in, in hockey. Game misconduct. :wink:

My comment had nothing to do with Craftsy. It was because Tundra said he was old and that PSUWIN is on the ball. Sounded like support for a close relative to me.

Another coach/MARKETER candidate!!: :wink:

http://www.thoughtequity.com/video/clip/524C143_003.do

http://www.ernestangley.org/miracles/

How about some help from the Rev. Ernest Angley. He claims you can have a miracle. “Untold multitudes have been healed as they put their hand against mine on the screen. You can have your deliverance.”

After this, how about we tackle that tuition problem. :wink: